Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar.jpg

FLO

NEW William Optics Zenithstar-61 APO

FLO    3,714

The new William Optics ZS61 APO is proving popular :smile: 

We are currently sold out but more are arriving this week, all three colours, together with a quantity of the new optically-match Flattener-61. 

wo_zs61_banner.jpg

• Like 1

Lockie    3,632
6 hours ago, FLO said:

The new William Optics ZS61 APO is proving popular :smile: 

We are currently sold out but more are arriving this week, all three colours, together with a quantity of the new optically-match Flattener-61. 

Just a fun question but which livery proved most popular in the end, Steve? 

Good news regarding getting the flatteners in stock :) 

• Like 1

ronin    3,676

What is the anticipated cost of the flattener?

Just wondering what the combined cost would come to?

Suppose I should have checked the FLO site before asking, it might be on there already. :unsure:

FLO    3,714
15 hours ago, Lockie said:

Just a fun question but which livery proved most popular in the end, Steve? 

We had more with the Gold colour so sold more of those but Blue was first to sell out :happy10: 

You were right, Chris. Blue was most popular. There are considerably more Blue ones in the delivery expected today/tomorrow :smile: 

15 hours ago, ronin said:

What is the anticipated cost of the flattener?

We are anticipating £149, possibly less. 

• Like 1

FLO    3,714
On 29/08/2017 at 12:29, FLO said:

.... more are arriving this week, all three colours, together with a quantity of the new optically-match Flattener-61. 

Only the Blues arrived today, the Red and Gold ones will probably arrive tomorrow. 

We now have optically-matched William Optics Flattener-61 in stock at £149, or £139 if purchased with a ZS61. 

If you have already purchased a ZS61, from FLO, please contact us for a discount code that will reduce the Flattener price to £139 :smile: 

william_optics_flattener-61_1.jpg

carastro    1,974

If I didn't already have a WO71 Zenithstar I would have got one of these.  But have pointed others in the direction of this scope, one has already bought one from you and the other is seriously thinking about it.

Great for getting those large nebulae in the FOV.

Carole 

Edited by carastro
  • Like 1

Lockie    3,632
4 minutes ago, FLO said:

We now have optically-matched William Optics Flattener-61 in stock at £149, or £139 if purchased with a ZS61. 

If you have already purchased a ZS61, from FLO, please contact us for a discount code that will reduce the Flattener price to £139 :smile: 

You guys do offer up some tempting deals, I've surprised my self with my restraint so far but that's starting to wear thin! :grin:

• Like 2

Hi All,

I am thinking of getting the Red ZS61 to match my Star Adventurer, if anyone has one of these already on a Star Adventurer with the flattener attached to a DSLR do you know what sort of exposure times i could expect with good alignment.

ronin    3,676
On 30 August 2017 at 16:48, Lockie said:

You guys do offer up some tempting deals, I've surprised my self with my restraint so far but that's starting to wear thin! :grin:

Some where I recall reading the following suggestion:

Succumb to temptation. It may never pass your way again. :D:D:D

• Like 2

Alan White    827
On 8/30/2017 at 16:48, Lockie said:

I've surprised my self with my restraint so far but that's starting to wear thin! :grin:

It must have weakened by now Chris, otherwise you should be bestowed a Sainthood for your restraint.
I would prefer you to weaken, Saint Christopher is a moniker already taken by others :hello:

• Like 1

agthomson    20

Took delivery of my ZS61 and Flat61 yesterday, and I must say it's an impressive piece of craftsmanship. Pairing it with a Manfrotto 055, Star Adventurer (hence red) and an A6000. No clear skies yet, but telephoto performance has been good in tests in daylight. 

20170908_193351.jpg

• Like 6

Stub Mandrel    5,262
19 hours ago, agthomson said:

Took delivery of my ZS61 and Flat61 yesterday, and I must say it's an impressive piece of craftsmanship. Pairing it with a Manfrotto 055, Star Adventurer (hence red) and an A6000. No clear skies yet, but telephoto performance has been good in tests in daylight. 

20170908_193351.jpg

Cripes that's a lot between scope and camera, is that just the field flattener or is something else in there?

Lockie    3,632
19 hours ago, agthomson said:

20170908_193351.jpg

Looks awesome, congratulations :) Do you have a spacer between the flattener and camera? (with it being a mirrorless camera with the sensor closer to the front than a DLSR).

Lockie    3,632
On 9/3/2017 at 08:17, ronin said:

Some where I recall reading the following suggestion:

Succumb to temptation. It may never pass your way again. :D:D:D

Well I hope they don't discontinue them just yet! :eek: :grin:

On 9/3/2017 at 10:34, Alan White said:

It must have weakened by now Chris, otherwise you should be bestowed a Sainthood for your restraint.
I would prefer you to weaken, Saint Christopher is a moniker already taken by others :hello:

I'm quite enjoying having money in the bank...for once, although, I have come very close to cracking and hitting that buy button more than once so far :icon_biggrin:

Edited by Lockie
  • Like 1

agthomson    20
On 09/09/2017 at 15:17, Lockie said:

Looks awesome, congratulations :) Do you have a spacer between the flattener and camera? (with it being a mirrorless camera with the sensor closer to the front than a DLSR).

No spacer, but the T-thread is much deeper for the E-mount cameras. My old A-mount T-thread adapter was ~19mm whereas my E-mount is ~43mm. Add to that the M48 to T2 adapter that's required (~9mm) and it's a decent amount of space. Had no issues focusing so far when testing telephoto performance (really just aligning my finder and checking that the optics weren't badly damaged).

• Thanks 1

agthomson    20
On 09/09/2017 at 15:09, Stub Mandrel said:

Cripes that's a lot between scope and camera, is that just the field flattener or is something else in there?

Flattener is quite big (~86mm), then the M48 to T2 (~9mm) and then the E-Mount to T2 (~43mm). All essential I guess!

Stub Mandrel    5,262
14 hours ago, agthomson said:

E-Mount to T2 (~43mm)

That's a big difference to a mirrorless one, an inch and a quarter more!

Davey-T    8,876
On 10/09/2017 at 20:15, agthomson said:

No spacer, but the T-thread is much deeper for the E-mount cameras. My old A-mount T-thread adapter was ~19mm whereas my E-mount is ~43mm. Add to that the M48 to T2 adapter that's required (~9mm) and it's a decent amount of space. Had no issues focusing so far when testing telephoto performance (really just aligning my finder and checking that the optics weren't badly damaged).

Does that give you a fully screwed connection ? ie; no brass compression ring.

Dave

• Like 1

agthomson    20
On 9/12/2017 at 20:16, Davey-T said:

Does that give you a fully screwed connection ? ie; no brass compression ring.

Dave

Yes. Flattener screws into scope, M48>T2 adapter screws into that, T2>Sony-E screws into that.

• Like 2