Narrowband

NAN Peli IC5069 Bi Colour

Ibbo!

6 pane of Ha and O3 taken over 2 nights.
Just 3 subs /pane /filter of 600 secs

TSIS 71 and SX694

I may go back and reprocess but quite like this one.

click for larger image

86952f37d6f6643511f5f71e4b92bbf0.16536x1

Looks smashing mate, but do the blue OIII halos bother you a bit?

Good way to rid yourself of those is to make a starless version by removing the stars on both the Ha and OIII layers (using the spot heal brush on the worst offenders and residual halos), create the colour image, then apply a bit of blur or dust & scratches filter before blending in a Ha luminance layer. There is no OIII structure in this area so you can be quite heavy handed.

After that, any other star colour could be added by selectively adding it via another layer (example: the above image, perhaps stars only), then brushing it in with a layer mask.... it will take ages but it depends on what level of detail youre going for.

Or, you could take the route of not bothering with star colour and zap it with the Ps reduce colour noise function (very easy/effective).

11 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

Looks smashing mate, but do the blue OIII halos bother you a bit?

Good way to rid yourself of those is to make a starless version by removing the stars on both the Ha and OIII layers (using the spot heal brush on the worst offenders and residual halos), create the colour image, then apply a bit of blur or dust & scratches filter before blending in a Ha luminance layer. There is no OIII structure in this area so you can be quite heavy handed.

After that, any other star colour could be added by selectively adding it via another layer (example: the above image, perhaps stars only), then brushing it in with a layer mask.... it will take ages but it depends on what level of detail youre going for.

Or, you could take the route of not bothering with star colour and zap it with the Ps reduce colour noise function (very easy/effective).

Thanks

The blue halos are abit OTT but I can to some extent ignore them,  bit like selective hearing when the other half is waffling on :evil62:.

Also i have had enough processing for this afternoon.

Thanks for the suggestions.

No prob mate :)  The actual nebula colour is spot-on, but by the sound of it you've had enough of it for today (fully understandable!) - maybe its something you can take a look at during the next drought of clear sky.

Of course now you have mentioned it they are annoying me .

I am thinking Stratton to get rid of the stars and do a quick run of short binned RGB's

You are to blame :boxing:  :angry5:

:icon_joker:

now where are the rgb filters

8 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

Of course now you have mentioned it they are annoying me .

I am thinking Stratton to get rid of the stars and do a quick run of short binned RGB's

You are to blame :boxing:  :angry5:

:icon_joker:

now where are the rgb filters

If you can work out how to do anything useful with Stratton please tell me. I have it but so far I could do better by throwing a bowl of thick soup over my picture...

Olly

2 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Very good image. It's extremely rare that I think a black point could be brought in a bit since I think most people bring them in way too far but in this case I think you have a tiny bit to play with.

Olly

:eek::eek:

I'm shocked

Thanks Olly

I will have a go with Stratton next time i get the urge to process this data and will let you know I how get on with it -not used/tried it for a long time

17 hours ago, Uranium235 said:

maybe its something you can take a look at during the next drought of clear sky.

...so that would be tonight, then?

Re. the halos, it seems to me that, in this case, it might be sufficient to replace R with max(R,G,B) in a pixel-math sort-of-a-way?  It doesn't get rid of them, but at least they'll be grey, not blue.  I'd post an image of the processed JPEG, but get the feeling that's not good form.

Archived