Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGPro and Manual Rotator settings?

alcol620

Hi Folks

I am trying to get to grips with the wonders of SGPro and I would appreciate some feedback that clarifies what the manual rotate settings mean. I am running a TSAPO60 scope and have to be careful slewing as the filter wheel gets very near to the mount and leaves not a lot of adjustment on the scope rotator to turn it to the required position. I am trying to set up for a mosaic and want to be able to get back to the same camera angle if I take further subs after the camera position has been disturbed.

I have read the SGPro help files and checked on the forum but can't get it clear in my head what the rotate angle actually mean in practical terms. Do they relate to the angle of the camera when in the park position or the angle of the camera when fixed on a target, what changes when you put different values into the SGPro control panel.

Any clarification, in the simplest terms possible, would be appreciated. Note: I am only using the manual rotate facility.

Thanks

Archived