Jump to content

Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

FLO

NEW Sky-Watcher AZ Pronto Alt-Azimuth Mount

Recommended Posts

The new Sky-Watcher AZ Pronto Alt-Azimuth Mount has been released :smile: 

Made from cast aluminium and features a helical worm gear with 180 teeth (AZ axis) / 116 teeth (Alt axis) for a smooth, precise action. 

Supplied with an extendable aluminium tripod with accessory tray. 

Our first delivery will arrive in a day or two. 

new_skywatcher_az_pronto_mount.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay, a mount with slow mos that will fit a standard tripod :hello2:   Only question though is how easy will it be to balance given the scope weight will be so far above the axis of rotation??

Helen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But this isn't the mount we are all waiting for... 

Details and photos of the new Skywatcher AZ5 Deluxe ALT-AZ Mount have just arrived so we will post details and a link separately in the next hour or two :smile: 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has potential for travel though - I'm in analysis paralysis about what to take for the eclipse trip and a mount with slo-mo controls fits the bill nicely :wink2:  Look forward to seeing the other announcement too though!

Helen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FLO said:

Details and photos of the new Skywatcher AZ5 Deluxe ALT-AZ Mount have just arrived so we will post details and a link separately in the next hour or two :smile: 

Guess my lunch break will consist of me refreshing my browser then :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, davyludo said:

Guess my lunch break will consist of me refreshing my browser then :thumbsup:

Nearly there... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a great little mount for grab and go, and I think £139 is very keenly priced for the AZ mount head with slow Mo's', pier extension, and tripod. 

The package with the the 130 Newt, is it really a 130pds? if so that's great value at £219! The picture is of a standard 130p with 1.25" R&P focuser but the blurb says 130pds hence the question. 

Edited by Lockie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, FLO said:

But this isn't the mount we are all waiting for... 

Details and photos of the new Skywatcher AZ5 Deluxe ALT-AZ Mount have just arrived so we will post details and a link separately in the next hour or two :smile: 

Details of SkyWatcher's other new Alt-Az mount have been posted HERE B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lockie said:

The picture is of a standard 130p with 1.25" R&P focuser but the blurb says 130pds hence the question. 

Oops! That's a typo. Sorry :blush:

130M, 130p, 130pds, 130ps. So many! 

The text has been corrected. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Helen said:

I'm in analysis paralysis about what to take for the eclipse trip and a mount with slo-mo controls fits the bill nicely :wink2: 

We could loan you one for your eclipse trip, in return for some photos of it in use :smile: 

Steve 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FLO said:

We could loan you one for your eclipse trip, in return for some photos of it in use :smile: 

Steve 

 

Oooooo thank you :glasses9: - if they arrive in time (we leave here next Wednesday) 

Helen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Helen said:

Oooooo thank you :glasses9: - if they arrive in time (we leave here next Wednesday) 

Helen

That shouldn't be a problem :smile: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does this compare to the likes of the manfrotto 410 geared head? I just bought one of those but this looks like it might be a more suited job...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might also be good for small binos with an L-bracket, I wonder if the tripod and pier goes high enough? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Others have started to list them now so we have set our prices at what we think will be competitive ongoing :angel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

How does this compare to the likes of the manfrotto 410 geared head? I just bought one of those but this looks like it might be a more suited job...

I haven't used a Manfrotto geared head - sorry. 

1 hour ago, Lockie said:

Might also be good for small binos with an L-bracket, I wonder if the tripod and pier goes high enough? 

The maximum 150cm height includes the 21.5cm extension tube. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, FLO said:

The maximum 150cm height includes the 21.5cm extension tube. 

Ah right, too short for binos then, can't have it all I guess :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those who already have a photo-tripod, the pronto may be ordered also without its tripod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2017 at 13:03, FLO said:

That shouldn't be a problem :smile: 

Indeed - arrived today ?

Will start another post with pictures and first impressions ?

Helen

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26 juli 2017 at 16:29, Lockie said:

Ah right, too short for binos then, can't have it all I guess :) 

Is this mount suitable for the coronado pst alfha -h telescope?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.