SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NEW Sky-Watcher AZ Pronto Alt-Azimuth Mount

Yay, a mount with slow mos that will fit a standard tripod :hello2:   Only question though is how easy will it be to balance given the scope weight will be so far above the axis of rotation??

Helen

But this isn't the mount we are all waiting for... 

Details and photos of the new Skywatcher AZ5 Deluxe ALT-AZ Mount have just arrived so we will post details and a link separately in the next hour or two :smile: 

This has potential for travel though - I'm in analysis paralysis about what to take for the eclipse trip and a mount with slo-mo controls fits the bill nicely :wink2:  Look forward to seeing the other announcement too though!

Helen

13 minutes ago, FLO said:

Details and photos of the new Skywatcher AZ5 Deluxe ALT-AZ Mount have just arrived so we will post details and a link separately in the next hour or two :smile: 

Guess my lunch break will consist of me refreshing my browser then :thumbsup:

Looks like a great little mount for grab and go, and I think £139 is very keenly priced for the AZ mount head with slow Mo's', pier extension, and tripod. 

The package with the the 130 Newt, is it really a 130pds? if so that's great value at £219! The picture is of a standard 130p with 1.25" R&P focuser but the blurb says 130pds hence the question. 

42 minutes ago, FLO said:

But this isn't the mount we are all waiting for... 

Details of SkyWatcher's other new Alt-Az mount have been posted HERE B)

14 minutes ago, Lockie said:

The picture is of a standard 130p with 1.25" R&P focuser but the blurb says 130pds hence the question. 

Oops! That's a typo. Sorry :blush:

130M, 130p, 130pds, 130ps. So many! 

The text has been corrected. 

44 minutes ago, Helen said:

I'm in analysis paralysis about what to take for the eclipse trip and a mount with slo-mo controls fits the bill nicely :wink2: 

We could loan you one for your eclipse trip, in return for some photos of it in use :smile: 

Steve 

1 minute ago, FLO said:

We could loan you one for your eclipse trip, in return for some photos of it in use :smile: 

Steve 

Oooooo thank you :glasses9: - if they arrive in time (we leave here next Wednesday) 

Helen

1 hour ago, tooth_dr said:

How does this compare to the likes of the manfrotto 410 geared head? I just bought one of those but this looks like it might be a more suited job...

I haven't used a Manfrotto geared head - sorry. 

1 hour ago, Lockie said:

Might also be good for small binos with an L-bracket, I wonder if the tripod and pier goes high enough? 

The maximum 150cm height includes the 21.5cm extension tube. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived