Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

alexbb

another Heart and Soul 2 panel - HOO

It seems that none of my glass optics doesn't want to play nice anymore. I started this 2 panel mosaic while shooting for the bubble area, on Ha, with the Canon 300 F4 L lens. In the beginning it went better, but at some point the IS elements decolimated and I just couldn't luckily align it ok again (by attaching back to the camera and focusing with the IS on and then detaching it). I tried one round with the O3, but then I switched to the Tair 3s.

The total on this target is like this: 6 h of Ha on each panel, 1:x h of Canon O3 + 1:15 of Tair O3 on each panel. That means ~17h in total. I might want to try to add more O3, but it's only a hope. The moon comes again and the forecast doesn't seem nice the next days.

I need a proper scope.

I think now that the Soul is stretched more than the Heart, it didn't seem last night.

Full res here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjZlQ2Rkw3NUR2S0U

Thoughts welcomed.

Clear skies,

Alex

IC1805-IC1848-F300-2017-07-25-HaO3-p01.jpg

IC1805-IC1848-F300-2017-07-19-Ha-p01.jpg

• Like 12

Thank you all!

6 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

I think the colour rendition in the first is particularly natural looking

I'm aiming usually for something looking more natural, though I don't follow any rule in particular for this.

The second image is Ha only.

If possible, I'll try to add some RGB too for the stars, but I feel I'm stretching too far. I could finish during 2 clear nights and add some O3 too.

The forecast seems to change, but I should keep my fingers calm as last time when I bragged about this I was punished.

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 12:32, moise212 said:

Thank you all!

I'm aiming usually for something looking more natural, though I don't follow any rule in particular for this.

The second image is Ha only.

If possible, I'll try to add some RGB too for the stars, but I feel I'm stretching too far. I could finish during 2 clear nights and add some O3 too.

The forecast seems to change, but I should keep my fingers calm as last time when I bragged about this I was punished.

Nie picture. Still early days for these targets as they will be higher up over the coming months. So plenty of time to capture some RGB data.

Thank you, both!

8 minutes ago, Droogie 2001 said:

Still early days for these targets as they will be higher up over the coming months. So plenty of time to capture some RGB data.

Yeah, that's not working for me. I image from my balcony and I have limited view of the targets. Some of the targets are visible until the top window frame gets in the view - that's about 55 degrees in altitude, others - like these ones - are hindered by the lateral margins of the window frame.

Anyways, first try below. The Tair is not the best piece of glass. It works better in narrowband, but in broadband blue is just a tad better than the bottom of a glass bottle. Moreover, the Tair has exactly 300mm FL, whereas the Canon has 293mm. I couldn't fit all the Soul with the Tair when shooting the RGB. I have to take some more.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjcEt5ajNDQTFtSEE

Clear skies!

Alex

IC1805-IC1848-F300-2017-07-25-HaO3-F300-2017-07-28-RGB_p02.jpg

Damn window frames! I have similar issues when targets move further South, though this is my neighbours house...

Good luck.

A week ago I shot some more RGB more on the left side so now the soul is not cropped anymore. Now that I came back home, I also reprocessed the Ha so now the soul is about as bright as the heart.

The results might be not the final ones, especially if you have some tips and I also shot some S2, but this one does not fit very well with the others so I have to shoot some more.

HOO and RGB(stars)-HOO(nebula). And Ha only.

Links to full resolution too:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjQXg2Q2t4bXFVSms
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjYk5UWkdmUVJtb28
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByhJ_xuQxcnjdlJ1MFZzSnBOVzg

Clear skies!

Alex

IC1805-IC1848-F300-2017-08-01-HaO3-p01.jpg

IC1805-IC1848-F300-2017-08-01-RGB-HaO3_p01.jpg

IC1805-IC1848-F300-2017-08-01-Ha-p02.jpg

Edited by moise212

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.