Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Hi all, my second attempt at imaging over multiple nights, captured 60 mins Ha and a couple of 5 mins on Oiii and Sii on Christmas evening, then added more Oii and Sii on the 30th
Total of 60 mins Ha 25 mins Sii and 30 mins Oiii
Hubble mapped - SII,Ha,OIII = R,G,B. The Oiii data was very noisy but I'm fairly happy overall, also the ZWO Oiii filter caused a massive ring around Alnitak when stretched !
Comments welcome, I know it needs more data and I will need to learn to be more patient but the year is running out 🙂
Thanks for looking and have a good 2020.
I went to my family house in the countryside and was able to take some pictures during xmas eve.
Total exposure: 6h
H_Alpha: ~3h (730x15s) --> R, G
Oxigen III: ~3h (710x15s) --> B, G
I didn't have a view on Polaris and could not spend too much time drift aligning (it was xmas eve after all :D) hence the short exposures. Moreover I dont have the proper connection rings to put my flattener on my mono camera so all stars off center are a mess :_(.
As new condition ultra narrowband 1.25" Baader filter. 3.5nm bandpass for nice small stars.
Bought and loved it, but using a DSLR again and have no use for this filter.
£140, can post.
Selling my full narrowband set up for multiple reasons: I could do with the money and mono just isn't really doing it for me.
Altair Astro 183m Tec
Baader Narrowband filters (Ha, OIII, SII and Clear)
ZWO Electronic Mini Filter Wheel
All associated cables/plugs
T2 extensions to reach 55mm back focus for use with reducers
Boxes and cases
There is a scratch on the T2-T2 adaptor for the filter wheel and a couple of the labels on the filter boxes have been torn. But otherwise the important parts work perfectly well.
Collection or postage via DPD.
Buyer to pay postage and PayPal fees.
No offers currently accepted, and I would rather not split
I scrapped all the Oiii and Sii data I previously took during a full moon (about 15 hours worth) and retook it all when the moon was a bit smaller at 76%. Ha was taken during 98% and 67% moon. All the lights were taken on the following nights: 12th, 19th and 20th September 2019.
Integration times, all in 600s subs unbinned:
Ha = 28.33 hours
Oiii= = 5.67 hours
Sii = 5.67 hours
The Ha data is really nice, and unsurprisingly the Oiii and Sii is not as strong (or nice).
I'm missing that (vital) step in my processing routine of getting the Sii and Oiii properly stretched to match the Ha, before combining. I dont really know how to deal with the weaker data properly. Any pointers would be appreciated.
What I do currently:
All the data is loaded into APP into separate channels/sessions.
The data is stacked and registered against the best Ha sub
This produces individual stacks of Ha, Sii and Oiii that are all registered
Each channel is processed with DPP in APP and then saved as a 16bit TIFF
Each is opened in PS
Stars removed with AA and any remnants removed and tidied up
I then open a blank RGB document in PS
I paste Ha into Green, Sii into Red and Oiii into Blue
Adjust the selective colour settings to get 'Hubble palette'
Adjust levels, curves, saturation until looks ok
All the Ha Sii Oiii data is then combined together in a single 'super' stack in APP using quality weighted algorithm to create a 'luminance'
That luminance layer is adjusted using levels, curves, and NC tools such as local contrast enhancement and deep space noise reduction (using masks to apply as required)
The luminance is pasted onto the above colour layer, and incrementally added using gaussian blur
Cropped and saved.
Here it is anyway I haven't intended on any more exposure time for this one, but will consider it, if the expert opinion dictates otherwise!