Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi eveyone.

This one has really been a slog to gather, calibrate and process the data. I'm seriously done with 30 second exposures. This image gobbled up 1320 frames. 

So this is 8hrs ha with astrodon 5nm captured over 3 nights

3hrs Oiii with astrodon 3nm 

All the data was taken under pretty poor conditions especially the ha with the moon at it's brightest. Oh ya and one of the nights i left my gear out and it lashed rain at about 07:00 luckily i woke soon after. Everything was wet, but no damage.

This is actually the first image i've done without using noise reduction( although noels actions reduce stars does apply some ).

Taken with zwo asi 1600mm and samyang 135

Stacked in Dss, Processed in PS, Captured using Sgpro. I used the Cannistra method to process.

Hope you enjoy.

Richard.

5978560987203_sadrregion11hrbicolor2.thumb.jpg.1cbf96f035f78a14097e42c3bc4d06a8.jpg

Lovely pic Richard! I've got stacks of HA on this region but my OIII is useless - too much LP for a 8nm filter at my gaff!

Your image has inspired me to try for the OIII again, perhaps from a dark site. 

Great work sir! :thumbsup:

On 7/27/2017 at 23:23, johnfosteruk said:

That is stunning for 30 second exposures!!

Thanks John 

On 7/28/2017 at 07:58, Filroden said:

That's a seriously moody region. Lovely capture!

Agreed a moody piece of sky. Thanks for the comment.

On 7/28/2017 at 09:44, happy-kat said:

Did you use your mount in EQ or AZ mode?

Stunning colours and is that the Crab nebula bottom right?

Thanks happy-kat. Mount in Eq mode. As said Crescent nebula.

9 hours ago, RichLD said:

Lovely pic Richard! I've got stacks of HA on this region but my OIII is useless - too much LP for a 8nm filter at my gaff!

Your image has inspired me to try for the OIII again, perhaps from a dark site. 

Great work sir! :thumbsup:

Thanks Rich. My gaff is awful for lp too, that's why i went for the astrodon 3nm. Lucky for me i use 1.25". 

Archived