Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M57 the Ring Nebula

konstantinos75

I hope you will enjoy this image of M57 the Ring Nebula which was acquired last June from Korrinthos city in Greece. 
It blends L and R-G-B data. I have paid special attention to reveal the star colors and nebula color as well.
There's a pretty spiral galaxy ΙC 1296 close to the Ring Nebula of magnitude 14.30.

You can access the image with technical details under this link
http://www.albireo.gr/astrogallery/nebulae/planetary/2017.06.24/M57_ring.html

Enjoy and clear skies!

Got the link to work now .Amazing image well done.

There is also a faint galaxy close to M13 Globular Cluster which I've seen a few times with a 200mm refl and also a unconnected planetary nebula in front of the M46 open cluster,which would also make good candidates for fainter objects photo-bombing brighter ones!

Looks good.  IMO the background could stand a little darkening, and the center of the ring as well--well, I suppose not really darkening in the center--a reduction in histogram perhaps.  Something to bring down the centers value so teh central star is more visible.  To me the center looks more opaque than gassy.  (sorry, I am always looking for ways to tweak my images toward perfection and like to hear such suggestions--not being critical, just fine tuning a precision sports car!)

Rodd

Archived