SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi 

This Eagle nebula was taken over a couple of nights

18*5 min (90mins in total) subs with flats, darks and bias frames used

I used a canon 450d DSLR (un-mod) with a CLS filter

The scope i used was the ES 102mm APO refractor on a AVX mount

Processed in PS and stacked with DSS.

Hope you like, burt as always feedback for improvenent welcome :) 

Clear skies

Dean

nodarks-dssinitial84mins-ps02.png

5 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Nice clarity..

Are you guiding with the AVX?

Thanks, Yes i am guiding with the AVX. I use a orion starshoot autoguider. I have limited my light frames to 5 minutes due to LP, and object being very low down

6 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

Does it have a guide port or are you using ascom drivers..take it you use phd?

The AVX does have a guiding port. I dont use ascom. Instead i use a ST-4 cable. Also use PHD2. Which i am now getting to grips with. The issues i tend to have with my set up is the dreaded flexure! 

Not familiar with Skyris or ASCOM. The ST-4 cable runs from the back of guidescope to the guide port in the AVX mount. Then there is another cable  from guide camera to laptop. Once flexure is sorted then will get better star shapes. Also as getting closer to sorting out PHD2! :) 

The Skyris only has the 1 cable from the camera to laptop.,so I will be using ascom drivers..bit of a blessing as looks really good.

It's a very steep learning curve,frustrating and enjoyable rolled into 1

With your flexture,look at the focuser on your guidescope,once thats sorted it be an awesome image ..best of luck

A very easy way to make Ha signal stand out, if you have Photoshop, is to go to Image, Adjustments, Selective Colour and, in the reds, move to top slider to the left to lower the cyans in red. As your camera is unmodded it won't have picked up all the Ha in the target but this trick might help.

Olly

Archived