Narrowband

milky way at 50mm (Cygnus area)

This was my first time going to a dark sky with my star adventurer mount and my new intervalometer. I decided to try and image the nebulosity in Cygnus and boy I was in for a treat. Even tho my camera is not modified, I was still able to pick out the veil, the north american nebula, pelican nebula and the crescent nebula.

This was shot with:
Nikon D3300
50mm prime lens f/1.8 @3.5
Skywatcher star adventurer on my velbon videomate 638.

29x120sec light frames at ISO 400. no calibration frames.

5975feac14a8c_Cygnuswidefield.thumb.jpg.fd559fdd69a1a88ad5e7a9f6e859126e.jpg
Max quality (111 megabyte:happy3:):
Cygnus widefield.tif

I hope that I will have the opportunity to try it out again on another target.
I would really like some feedback from some of you.

Clear AND DARK skies!

Victor Boesen

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tooth_dr said:

Very Nice Victor.  The camera is picking up lots of detail.  How did you focus?

thank you very much! I just used live view with the camera set to iso 12800 and f/1.8, so I can see the stars on the display.

2 hours ago, RichLD said:

Good job, great capture and a very pleasing image!

2 hours ago, geoflewis said:

Whats not to like....? :icon_biggrin:. It's a really nice image which stands up well to viewing at full resolution.

Thank you very much both of you. It means a lot to me since, I am just getting started with the star adventurer.

Very nice indeed, I've recently got a Star Adventurer as well, and am enjoying capturing very wide fields. Yours is very deep indeed in Ha, quite a lot deeper than the Ha captured in my Canon 5D3.

Keep it up

Huw

8 hours ago, Horwig said:

Very nice indeed, I've recently got a Star Adventurer as well, and am enjoying capturing very wide fields. Yours is very deep indeed in Ha, quite a lot deeper than the Ha captured in my Canon 5D3.

Keep it up

Huw

Thank you very much! The star adventurer is a very nice mount. I've just seen your latest photo, and it really looks nice!

clear skies

3 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

saturation

I got inspired when you said that you had adjusted the saturation so I did the same in lightroom, and I now think I am very satisfied with the result.

5977b404c7156_Cygnuswidefield.thumb.jpg.3d22d892b44c8ca84ae25e2c04e5e160.jpg
I like that the image is light, because I think it makes the milky way even more impressive.

It should be clear tomorrow, so I might try the Andromeda galaxy or the heart and soul together with the two clusters and Cassiopeia.

Archived