Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Time with Quark

valleyman

Got the new Quark last Thursday and finally got a chance to use it this morning (Monday 24th July)

Managed to get a stack of Videos all I have to do is go through them all and get some sort of system going so that I can find the Pics after processing them.

BTW, my PS Elements just gave up after about 10 years. Just when I need it . grrrrrrrrrrrr

Here are a couple of Pics I took.

Must say the Quark is a very impressive piece of Kit and very pleased. Just hope we get a bit more AR's soon.

Pat

104914_L.thumb.jpg.7247e286bbc80ac8e91925265bef563c.jpg110621_L.thumb.jpg.76cc993187f33777f83c9e4a79e8b30d.jpg

well done Pat, that's a great firstlight mate, seeing today was horrid here I found detail very hard to find and then it wasn't sharp across the frame. hopefully tomorrow will be better. I carnt see any dustbunnys and can you see what a difference the reducer makes. look forward to seeing more of your work, with us not living too far from each other and having the same kit we can benchmark each other. charl.

Thanks for that Charl. Got a long way to go before as good as you mate. Without the reducer in it showed loads of DB's but the reducer took them all out except for one.

You can see it top right corner on the top pic.

Was going to take it out, but like I said my PS has crashed. Can not get into it to deactivate and then reload. Tried to load over the top of it but no joy. It keeps wanting to delate the old programme first.

Pat

Pat that's as good if not better than my first go mate, I'm so chuffed you got a good quark, it will not belong before learn the processing in and outs, I find the topaz plugin bundle for photoshop a brill set of tools, it makes processing real easy. charl.

Its a Chromosphere Groberts, I'm sure Charl, or Michael can answer your other question.

I find the topaz plugin bundle for photoshop a brill set of tools, it makes processing real easy. charl.

I,ll have a look at that Charl, just got my PS reloaded.

Pat

Hi Valleyman,

Wow, very jealous of your Quark purchase.    I am liking that filamentary detail. What scope have you attached it too ??  

Is to replace or to augment your previous set-up ??........  and the million dollar question..... would you recommend this as the next step from a PST, or would you say a larger H-Alpha is a better progression ??

Cheers

Sean.

Thanks Dave, yes chuffed at the moment.

Craney, I have it on my ED 80 Pro. It replaces Lunt (which is on sale ). Got to pay for the Quark some how.

ask me in a couple of weeks about recommending it. But I'm sure somebody else will before then.

The Quark has H-Alpha filters fitted.

what I will say is that once you get it up and working, that first view on the PC smacks you in the face with a WOW moment.

Pat

Excellent first light! I think some day a quark is in my future to go with my refractors.  

I just cant sell my lunt 60 though so I will have to save the pennies over a few years until I am done school. The Lunt makes all the difference for me with grab and go.

Looking forward to more of your shots! Cheers from Canada

Tyson

Archived