Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tak FC-100 - a few questions :)

3 hours ago, Cjg said:

Congrats Piero,

Of course your incoming beauty explains all the cloud we are experiencing here in the East ? Look forward to reading your first light report.

Chris

Thank you Chris!

LOL.. i was thinking exactly about this yesterday... The problem is... I still need to buy a few other things! :hiding:

Edited by Piero
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, GavStar said:

Attached is a photo of my preferred focuser setup. But as per previous comments all options are rather good!!

IMG_1405.JPG

Superb! :)

Out of curiosity, is that a 2" BBHS? :D 

• Like 1

Mirror. I was dissuaded from getting the larger 2 inch prism by reports (bill p's first diagonal comparison) that it has some observable ca whereas the smaller t2 did not show this. I have the t2 bbhs prism but like the 2 inch mirror bbhs since it allows me to use my 21mm ethos to its fullest extent.

Edited by GavStar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stu said:

Which FT adaptor is that Gavin? Looks very different to mine?

Stu, I was just thinking that when I saw pictures of your scope earlier today.

I had to make a special request from flo for it to get it direct from starlight instruments. 

Link from starlight is attached

http://starlightinstruments.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=38_60&product_id=405

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GavStar said:

Stu, I was just thinking that when I saw pictures of your scope earlier today.

I had to make a special request from flo for it to get it direct from starlight instruments. 

Link from starlight is attached

http://starlightinstruments.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=38_60&product_id=405

Ahh, now I remember. Mine is the A20-302 which was originally for the FS60C and FC76DC but it also fits the 100. The one you have looks neater and nicely profiled but in some ways I like seeing the original silver trim as with mine. Both do the job though so no problems :) 

• Like 2

So, now I have to seriously think about the mount! :D 

My photo tripod is really at the limit...

The AYO II will arrive within 6 months..

Potential solutions so far:

1.  add to extra screws to safely attach the dovetail to the Tak clamshell and use the photo tripod. 

2.  like 1, but get a proper tripod, so that the current head works on a sturdier base. (Eventually I have to get a tripod anyway). 

3.  get a proper tripod and a temporary AZ5 to be sold after the AYOII arrives.

4.  get a complete AZ4/AZ5 and resell it after the AYOII arrives. Get a proper tripod then. 

5.  .....

mm.. :happy3:

Very nice Piero :icon_biggrin:

Tak know how to pack a scope too !

6 months is a long time to wait to be able to see what the scope can really do. Worth sorting a decent interim mount / tripod I reckon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John said:

Very nice Piero :icon_biggrin:

Tak know how to pack a scope too !

6 months is a long time to wait to be able to see what the scope can really do. Worth sorting a decent interim mount / tripod I reckon.

I think you are right. :) 

• Like 1

Wow, that was luck! The new baby, who is now sleeping after the long travel, will soon observe sitting on an AZ4! Thanks Chris! :rolleyes:

p.s. just being promoted to Brown Dwarf! :headbang:

Edited by Piero
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Piero said:

Difficult to forecast the next clear night, after all these purchases now! LOL!

As long as the scope is still within warranty, you are OK ! (it has been really rotten lately here :clouds2:)

• Like 1