New Telescope design

wookie1965

It says they may be available at $1000 as part of crowdsourcing for future development.

I too hope it lives up to the hype! It's not for everyone, but I can see the appeal.

I might be wrong but it reads as a almost normal scope. With it seems the addition of some light amplification unit. Is this the same as Live View on a DSLR?

The first bit is a description of a scope, it collects light and delivers it to the eyepiece. It does not say it collects the light equal to a bigger scope just that it mimics the collection. Does that not mean that this just works the same way? My 60mm refractor mimics the way the 127mm refractor collects light but on a smaller scale. There is a 60 mimicking a 127, but it doesn't perform as a 127, it still performs as a 60.

The AFD is getting more common now, Meade had the LS and Skywatcher have the Starsense. It doesn't have the complications of an EQ mount because it is not an EQ mount it is an Alt/Az mount. As to the databases don't Meade, Celestron, Skywatcher and iOptron (the common ones) all use a database of objects. My 17 years old goto will try to tell me what I am looking at if I ask it so again not new, on all goto's that I know of.

What on earth is Campagain Mode? That again sounds like the inbuilt camera on the Meade LS. But why send data to anywhere I have no idea, especially the implication that SETI could have an interest.

That mount looks very much like minor variation of a Meade LS6 mount, as is a lot of the new features, variants of which I think I have seen on either the ES site or the Bresser site and occur on the Opticstar site under their Opticstar AZ90 scope.

Archived