Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
lock042

An new OS X bundle .app for Siril 0.9.6

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to share a good news with you. Indeed, thanks to Partha Bagchi (https://www.partha.com/) we are now able to provide you an .app file for OS X users.

This is a good improvement because no Homebrew or Xcode are needed anymore. Also !! the app is 10% faster for stacking.

You can download the app here.

Enjoy !!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cwine
      Hi! I've been struggling to get rid of slightly spiked/elongated stars that appear on the left hand side of my images. The stars have small spikes coming out the bottom left hand side of them.
      I use an unmodded Canon 600D with a 70-200mm Canon f4 lens (which I have recently cleaned to try and solve this issue). I use the star adventurer to track, but this doesn't look like the type of trail you get with bad alignment.
      I've attached some images as an example of what I mean - Example 1 is the bottom left of an image of the North American Nebula, and example 2 is the top right of the same image. Any ideas?

• By MarsG76
      These nebulae are located in the constellation Corona Australis, between γ and ε Coronae Australis and features NGC6726, NGC6729 and NGC6723.
      This is not a popular group of objects or part of the sky, but I thought that the combination of reflection nebula crossed by a dark nebulae make an interesting image.
      This image was exposed through my Celestron 8" SCT (at F10), on the CGEM mount with my full spectrum modded and cooled Canon 40D DSLR for a total exposure time of 5 hours, 59 minutes and 30 seconds.

• By MarsG76
      This image is a cropped and rotated version of the M16 image to emphasize the famous "Pillars of Creation" part of the nebula, made popular by the HST image of the same name.
      The color channels are SII, HAlpha and OIII as RGB, and color balanced to remove the heavy green color cast created by the strong Hydrogen Alpha signal.
      The total exposure time spent on this image was 20 hours and 57 minutes consisting of the following subs exposures:
      RGB: 13x15s, 19x30s, 17x60s, 12x90s, 17x120s, 15x180s
      HII: 2x600s, 9x900s, 4x1200s
      OIII: 1x600s, 8x900s, 1x1200s, 11x1500s
      SII: 2x500s, 14x1800s
      All at ISO1600.
    • By MarsG76
      My latest image of the Eagle nebula (M16/NGC6611) in the constellation Serpens, this time imaged through narrowband filters using my 8" Celectron SCT, at F10 - 2032mm focal length, with my astromodded and active peltier cooled Canon 40D DSLR.
      The color channels are SII, HAlpha and OIII as RGB, and color balanced to remove the heavy green color cast created by the strong Hydrogen Alpha signal.
      The total exposure time spent on this image was 20 hours and 57 minutes consisting of the following subs exposures:
      RGB: 13x15s, 19x30s, 17x60s, 12x90s, 17x120s, 15x180s
      HII: 2x600s, 9x900s, 4x1200s
      OIII: 1x600s, 8x900s, 1x1200s, 11x1500s
      SII: 2x500s, 14x1800s
      All at ISO1600.

• By Slingshot
      Hi - I'm a new member of this great forum and a complete beginner. I would be grateful for ideas or suggestions if you have time please. 
      Last night at around 2230hrs i was laying on my back garden in the moist grass gazing up at the night sky. Clear skies North and South but cloudy in the East, Patchy West. No telescope, just my mug of tea and a blanket. I have always known where North is since a young lad. Find the Plough, top and last star of the saucepan and follow in a straight line for 6 thumbs and there is the North star. Great. Then, as i looked at it with my new eyes as a new budding novice, it suddenly dawned on me.
      Like most of us on this planet we all look at our night sky, think how beautiful it is, be humbled, thankful, in awe, spiritual, emotional and so on, then go about our business. But not now! Now I am looking up with deranged eyes and mind, thinking i have not a clue about any of this wonderous sight before me. I have no names, no vocabulary, no maps, no idea of where to start and no plan at all. So far i have been looking at equipment needed to get started, which in itself was overwhelming, but made a choice and picked out my telescope. And indeed some members here, have kindly said i made a decent choice to start with.......
      As it got gradually darker (and colder) the stars got brighter. So i picked out a line from the middle of the Plough and followed if by about 13 thumbs (sorry for the boyhood terms) and found a big bright star and below that, by half a thumb, a collection of faint stars which i could see better by averting my gaze. It dawned on me again. I cant be doing this all night without any clue of technical knowledge. Bewildered, I stood up and looked toward the South West and saw what i know to be Jupiter and i think Saturn (fainter). This again brought it home just how little i know and just how much learning is needed just to get going.
      I went inside and on my PC ( i dont have an i -phone or android tablet ) and found Stellarium. Looked at the online sample, stuck in my location and upcame a northerly view of what i had been looking at. I found the names to my delight and ran outside to try and match up what i had seen. But it took at least 10 minutes before my eyes got used to the dark again. Then identified said bright star as Arcturas and below that faint collection as Gaia. ( i think ) Cocker hoop, i ran back inside and looked again at the PC for more names. This went on for about an hour or so. I felt elated at finding the star called Dubhe which was my boyhood top of saucepan star and on to Polaris. Back to Ursa major across again to Arcturas and below that Gaia, carefully usig my thumb to get the right measure. I couldn't see capalla coz of cloud to the east.
      Back inside I thought just how do other people do this. 
      Hence this message. I need to work out a plan, what are the right maps, is Stellarium good start or something similar. What hard copy maps and best beginners books? Is it a good idea to pick up a small bit of sky, and work outwards from that, then when comfortable, move on to other directions. Or do I pick out known objects, like the Moon and other near planets and go from there. Or do I do a bit of everything bit by bit.? 
      What is the best way of logging my progress? And many more questions..... Sorry for length of this topic matter, if I have made mistakes with names and if the questions asked are basic.
      I would be grateful for your thoughts and advice - thanks a million.
      Garry

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.