Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

So close to ordering, but then...

No, that is not the right site. This one is the right one for the wireless system: http://starizona.com/acb/MicroTouch-Autofocuser---Wireless-P1041C745.aspx
And this one for the wired system: http://starizona.com/acb/MicroTouch-Autofocuser---Wired-P2715C745.aspx
Both work equally well, but the wireless is my favorite because of having a handbox at hand and not touching anything else or accidentally pull wires. 

At the bottom of the page you will find ordering options for motors and power adapters.

The low profile motor is the one you will want. The motor and two power adapters are included in the price, so is FocusMax version 3.8.
And they do ship outside the US without a problem. Shipping costs will be added and you will probably have to pay VAT and import fees for the UK
Dean (the owner of Starizona) is fast in answering emails and you can ask him anything.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And another thing: you can dimm the EL panel with special sheets of filtering foil. Checkout this: http://www.gerdneumann.net/deutsch/astrofotografie-parts-astrophotography/aurora-flatfield-panels/aurora-accessories-aurora-zubehoer/graufilter-nd1-2-fur-315mm-aurora-flatfield-leuchtfolie.html

If you know what time you need now to get a flat, and know how long you want it to be, you can choose the right filter, or just ask Gerd.

The ND 1.2 is about 16 X dimmer then without, so if necessary you can combine filters to get the right lighting.

edit: I accidentally sent the German link, but it is in English as well, Choice at the left top of the page.

• 1 year later...
On 29/03/2019 at 07:37, Obi Wan Ken00bi said:

Hi! Very interesting thread. Just curious, are you still happy with your RASA?

I'm very happy with the box it is sitting in under the kitchen table. Now that I will get the CGX back home, I will decide whether to set up the CGX+RASA in my backyard or to put it up for sale. In hindsight, with my foray into long FL, mono shooting with filters and all the fun that entails, there is an attraction to the RASA combination with the color CMOS. It is magnificent to take 30 second subs, slap them into DSS and get a processable image in 5 minutes, which includes detail you can only dream of with other scopes.

6 hours ago, Datalord said:

I'm very happy with the box it is sitting in under the kitchen table. Now that I will get the CGX back home, I will decide whether to set up the CGX+RASA in my backyard or to put it up for sale. In hindsight, with my foray into long FL, mono shooting with filters and all the fun that entails, there is an attraction to the RASA combination with the color CMOS. It is magnificent to take 30 second subs, slap them into DSS and get a processable image in 5 minutes, which includes detail you can only dream of with other scopes.

Wow, a CGX mount, that's some serious hardware. Would you recommend the RASA if used mainly for mono imaging?

14 hours ago, Obi Wan Ken00bi said:

Wow, a CGX mount, that's some serious hardware. Would you recommend the RASA if used mainly for mono imaging?

I never mono imaged with it. When I bought it, I got the baader filter drawer system, but for over a year they didn't produce their high speed filters, so I only used one shot colour. I see now that they have made new batches of the f/2 filters and I think it would make an epic system for nebulae season. The light gathering power is staggering. 

Archived