SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A couple more from Salisbury

Starflyer

Just got around to processing some more of the images taken at the Salisbury star party.

M57, 20 x 60 second subs at ISO 800 with 20 darks, taken with the 10" newt;

8197_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Not as smooth as the M27 image from the same night with the same camera settings, and had I trouble processing it. There is a little galaxy in it though which I was quite pleased to have captured :clouds2:

M45, 20 x 60 second subs at ISO1600, with 10 darks, taken with Dogfish's Megrez 72;

8198_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

It's a crop of the main image due to field curvature being quite evident in the full frame. It's very noisy but I wanted to try and get a bit of the nebulosity, so I tried it at ISO 1600.

Hope you like 'em,

Ian

The M57 shot is fantastic the focus tracking and colour is spot on. The Ring looks great against the starfield and you can clearly see the two stars in the centre, the galaxy is a nice bonus too. M45 is pretty good for only 20 mins of data with quite a bit of nebulosity showing up. This object really needs a couple of hours of data or more to bring it out and to reduce the noise.

I would be more than proud to turn out three fine images like you have with your first attempt with a DSLR.

Regards

Kevin

Archived