Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

this lovely AR gave us some lovely views, heres my take on it.

kit- ed80, quark chromosphere, 50% reducer, asi120mc. 450 frames staxed with AS2, bit of adjustment with photoshop, topaz , detail,claritiy, denoise.

thanks for looking. clear skys, charl.

35055733244_f3df76143f_o.thumb.png.a48598e5b971bcce6124728d7a0c20f4.png

Edited by xtreemchaos
posted wrong pic, i need to go to spec-savers.
  • Like 7

Nicely done Charl. Great work as usual mate! :) 

• Like 2

Wonderful stuff beautiful detail :thumbsup: - It was a cracker - even in a glimpse through Baader film in a dob, and I got a kick out of spotting it with just eclipse glasses.  I'm saving for a Ha scope ... Keep the images coming :)

• Like 1

Nice one. I wonder if you caught some type of micro-flare: the little bright dot forming a nearly equilateral triangle with the two smaller sunspots to the south-east of the main spot. It might also be a small plage area

• Like 1

thanks Niallk, ill try too if this cloud ever gos away mate. hope you have clear. charl.

thanks Michael,  it could be ,I remember it was very bright on the pc live view, ill have a look at my other images from that session to see if theres any change, well spotted mate. charl.