Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rail out Helensvale on the Goldcoast to Brisbane around 4-50 every morning for work, rail out of Brisbane around 3pm every afternoon

Hour each way by rail, express rail service

Tuesday night, club belong to, 3 of us did presentation for about 80 high school kids, aged from 14 - 16, with parents and teachers as well

Jupiter, Saturn, Omega Centuri,

Flicked the 10" Dobson onto Jewel Box, and had all the girls in a group, and asked them what is  a girl's best friend

After a bit of silence, a small voice at the back said, My iPhone

Wasn't the answer looking for

Put the kids through, looking at the Jewel Box, and a lot of ohh's and ahh's

When put the parents through one of the mum's said to me

Have to educate my daughter better  

Diamonds are a girl's best friend, after looking at the Jewel Box cluster

Finished about 10pm, with fly over of ISS

To go back to original question about tiredness

Never get tired  when observing what is above us

Just so much to take in when have clear moonless skies, as quarter moon rose about 11pm

John

I experience a sort of reawakening after a period of sleepiness around midnight. I'm then usually OK until about 2-3 am when I start not to be able to think straight. It's then time to chuck it in for the night. 

I rarely manage past midnight - stayed up until 1.30 when le mans was on a few weeks ago to catch saturn but was that knackered I didnt really enjoy it. I'm definitely not a night owl. What I have done though is set up the night before and got up about 4.30-5, had a much better time, a good cup of coffee and the cold air outside is like a smack in the face and because its getting light outside I find myself working harder to get everything right as I'm a little bit against the clock. Its also quiet, so quiet. Feel like you have the whole world to yourself (and all the neighbours lights are off which helps!), and by the time the sun comes up you feel like you've got a headstart on the day.

5 hours ago, Mr niall said:

Feel like you have the whole world to yourself (and all the neighbours lights are off which helps!)

This is why I sometimes sleep early and then get up later at night for a session, even in the winter months. My neighbours lights are usually on until around 11pm. If I get up at 1:00am there are no house lights at all :smiley:

Plus lately where I am every clear night seems to fall on Sunday into Monday! So I get some early sleep to avoid being tired at the start of the week.

Andy.

Ive always been a night owl. Tiredness is just something which i never seem to suffer from. I really only sleep because i know its good for my body. I can survive on 4-5 hrs a night if i must. Last night i went to bed at 11pm and slept right through til 9am. When i woke up, i had slept so deeply that i felt seriously hungover. I had not had a drink.

Archived