SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGP Autofocus Questions

kirkster501

On 19/07/2017 at 16:47, kirkster501 said:

Brilliant stuff guys, thanks so much!

Sorry Steve, I've de-rigged and stripped my obs as I'm about to go on holiday so not easy to show settings with screen shots.

The only difference of relevance to note, is that in the Filter Setup box, I have Lum set as my AF filter for Lum, Ha, OIII and SII; and Red for Red, Green for Green and Blue for Blue.  This way I am able to use offsets for the NB filters and 'native' filters for the LRGB.

Note: that the above is all in the same Equipment Profile.  Whilst yoou can obviously have different profiles for different imaging styles, to save on multiple profiles with the same rig I use the above.

HTH.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/07/2017 at 16:26, alan4908 said:

Hi Steve

Three additional considerations that you may want to consider when performing autofocus operations:

1. Focus Star Brightness

I don't use SGP for autofocus but rather FocusMax controlled via MaximDL/ACP.

Hi Alan,

SGP uses some clever algorithms to perform autofocus where you're imaging, so saving the need to slew away to find a star of a certain magnitude and then having to re-centre the image to continue.  It samples all stars above a set size from the whole frame of the focus run images and calculates focus using these.

It's brilliant and once set up it just works.

Cheers,

Ian

Archived