Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

Pete Presland

AR2665 approaches the limb 16.7.2017 through the clouds!

It says a lot about modern imaging techniques that I managed anything, let alone a half decently detailed image! There really wasn't anything you would call a gap, but I managed a half decent flat while the clouds were going through.

As I captured I guessed a reasonable exposure and then just raised and lowered the gain as the clouds got thicker. Obviously there many points were nothing was visible, but this was the end result. Pretty pleased to be honest :icon_biggrin:

596b42bacf4b4_2017_07_1609.05AR266510.png.5e0131b5bf1ded034fab4e815b0c4a59.png

• Like 14

Hi Pete.  Pretty pleased, blimey, I think that is a cracking image.  You'll see what I mean when I post mine shortly :smile:.  Excellent Pete.

• Like 1

That's outstanding Pete given the weather atm. Not a chance here, clouds are about 3 miles thick.

• Like 1

cracking image Pete, outstanding for being so close to the limb. cloud here so ill say bye bye AR2665 because i wont get chance with my scope. thanks. charl.

• Like 1

Super image Pete you jammy devil :grin:

Dave

• Like 1

Nice picture. I was hoping to have a last look at this yesterday but no chance due to the clouds.

• Like 1

That is osm.... correct if I'm wrong, but you got this out of ONE single frame? Nice work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarsG76 said:

That is osm.... correct if I'm wrong, but you got this out of ONE single frame? Nice work.

It wasn't a single frame it was my usual set up. The Lunt 50 and Dmk21au618. It was about 50 frames that were stacked.

• Like 1

either way, well done... great image made even better by the weather conditions.

• Like 1