Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_winner.thumb.jpg.e75de1ff1128e51a02fe7b63e48dbc51.jpg

Knighty2112    2,344

Sunspot shot on 9th July with my iPhone 7plus, using my Celestron Omni 120mm f8.3 refractor, with my 1.25" Lunt wedge with solar continuum filter (hence the green hue), and my 14mm Baader Morpheus EP. Shot afocally by hand. Some granulation can also be seen too. Basic editing on iPad Air to crop image and enhance image better.

IMG_2996-photo.thumb.JPG.1f88164792b005812e6411af3dd99437.JPG

Edited by Knighty2112
  • Like 9

Stu    15,800

Nicely caught knighty, not easy to do!

• Like 1

Davey-T    9,628

Good catch Gus, amazing what can be achieved with a phone nowadays, pity there are still places where you can't actually make a phone call with them :grin:

Dave

• Like 2

Knighty2112    2,344
20 minutes ago, Stu said:

Nicely caught knighty, not easy to do!

Thanks Stu. Hoping to get a Zwo or Neximage camera to nab things better with at some point this year. 

Knighty2112    2,344
5 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Good catch Gus, amazing what can be achieved with a phone nowadays, pity there are still places where you can't actually make a phone call with them :grin:

Dave

Seems that making phone calls on them now are the last thing people want to do. Sheesh! ;) 

• Like 1