Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Welcome to Stargazers Lounge

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customise your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

SGL 2017 SP

brrttpaul

saving files

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys having moved from a OSC to a mono (ZWO 1600)  i think my biggest problem is in saving files. If I use PI to stretch the image and do curves saturation etc untill I am happy with it, what I have noticed when I save and say open it in PS or LR it looks over exposed. I am obviously doing something wrong when saving  as in PI it looks great in PS its blown out. I usually save as a TIFF file. where am I going wrong?

Are you saving the TIFFs at 16bit?

yes I think so

I am sure to be corrected on this but, assuming I am making a one way trip to PS, I Resample the image to 300 dpi and then perform ICCProfileTransformation with Target Profile set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and Rendering Intent set to Perceptual (photographic images); I also check the Black Point compensation. I also then save as a 16 bit TIF. There are others with far more experience of PI than me so I am sure more advice will be forthcoming.

Good Luck!

Adrian

5 hours ago, brrttpaul said:

where am I going wrong?

Moving to PS.:evil:

Before I run to the woods: PI uses 32 bit floating point bit values. Try saving as tiff 16 bit integer values.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

Moving to PS.:evil:

Before I run to the woods: PI uses 32 bit floating point bit values. Try saving as tiff 16 bit integer values.

I did see that so I was thinking it may be this, also in PS when I open it the black point is way lower  down below my histogram by sliding the pointer up I am getting to somewhere nearer the exposure that i had in PI so will try changing the values like you said cheers