Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi guys having moved from a OSC to a mono (ZWO 1600)  i think my biggest problem is in saving files. If I use PI to stretch the image and do curves saturation etc untill I am happy with it, what I have noticed when I save and say open it in PS or LR it looks over exposed. I am obviously doing something wrong when saving  as in PI it looks great in PS its blown out. I usually save as a TIFF file. where am I going wrong?

I am sure to be corrected on this but, assuming I am making a one way trip to PS, I Resample the image to 300 dpi and then perform ICCProfileTransformation with Target Profile set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 and Rendering Intent set to Perceptual (photographic images); I also check the Black Point compensation. I also then save as a 16 bit TIF. There are others with far more experience of PI than me so I am sure more advice will be forthcoming.

Good Luck!

Adrian

5 hours ago, brrttpaul said:

where am I going wrong?

Moving to PS.:evil:

Before I run to the woods: PI uses 32 bit floating point bit values. Try saving as tiff 16 bit integer values.

2 hours ago, wimvb said:

Moving to PS.:evil:

Before I run to the woods: PI uses 32 bit floating point bit values. Try saving as tiff 16 bit integer values.

I did see that so I was thinking it may be this, also in PS when I open it the black point is way lower  down below my histogram by sliding the pointer up I am getting to somewhere nearer the exposure that i had in PI so will try changing the values like you said cheers

Archived