Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_nlc.gif

johnfosteruk

All new weekly astronomy guides - This week added

westmarch    159

John,

superb article and layout.  I'm currently wrestling with the google drive concept to ensure I don't miss an update.  Might be easier to just follow you for updates.

many thanks for sharing

John

johnfosteruk    4,797
On 23/07/2017 at 11:01, xtreemchaos said:

PS can you do a VR ed, you did ask :icon_biggrin:

You're just taking the proverbial now Charl :)

Maybe if I'm still doing it when I retire!

johnfosteruk    4,797

I'm really sorry everyone who's following but I am changing this to fortnightly, I had time pencilled in at the weekend to put together the week's work and a friend passed away. Being there for folks rightly took priority and when I did get time I wanted to spend it observing/imaging. So a pretty bad weekend has taught me to hold back on the commitments just a smidge, you don't know what's around the corner.

I'll have the next one up next weekend.

Best to all

Clear Skies

JF

• Like 1

Littleguy80    566
23 minutes ago, johnfosteruk said:

I'm really sorry everyone who's following but I am changing this to fortnightly, I had time pencilled in at the weekend to put together the week's work and a friend passed away. Being there for folks rightly took priority and when I did get time I wanted to spend it observing/imaging. So a pretty bad weekend has taught me to hold back on the commitments just a smidge, you don't know what's around the corner.

I'll have the next one up next weekend.

Best to all

Clear Skies

JF

No apologies needed, John. The guide is appreciated whenever you're able to do it. Certainly wouldn't want you to miss out on your own observing time :) 

RobertI    870

Really super guides John, I love the Planetarium screen shots to illustrate what you are describing and Finder Charts at the back. Very professional looking and great for planning the forthcoming weeks' observing. It would still be great to have even if it was monthly! I have subscribed to this thread to ensure I get future copies. :icon_salut:

• Like 1

RobertI    870
On 7/16/2017 at 01:20, johnfosteruk said:

I'll just update the thread when it's published

Just to confirm John, will you update this thread or some other Google thingy? 

johnfosteruk    4,797

4 minutes ago, RobertI said:

Really super guides John, I love the Planetarium screen shots to illustrate what you are describing and Finder Charts at the back. Very professional looking and great for planning the forthcoming weeks' observing. It would still be great to have even if it was monthly! I have subscribed to this thread to ensure I get future copies. :icon_salut:

Thank you. 

I'll update this thread Robert. 

• Like 1

johnfosteruk    4,797
On 31/07/2017 at 22:35, Littleguy80 said:

No apologies needed, John. The guide is appreciated whenever you're able to do it. Certainly wouldn't want you to miss out on your own observing time :) 

Thanks Neil and everyone else. It's been a strange 10 days. I've really wanted to get back onto this, and had the time too, but just haven't had the motivation.

However, it's my friends funeral on Monday and we have to get on with living don't we so I'm back on it again this weekend. I've Started roughing out the content this evening for the next one and should have it up sometime next week. Watch this space :)

• Thanks 1