Sky portal problems

Eduardomoon

I am a beginner. I have a celestron 127 slt MAK, with star sense and and the wifi module. My problem is this: when I use the sky portal app, I am unable to align the scope properly . It seems to slew on it's own, independent of the slew controls on the app. However, I can align the scope properly using the star sense hand controller. Can I align the scope with the hand controller and then use the sky portal app for the  go to functions? Or do I have to align the scope using the app?. I seem to think the problem is with the app, but ocf course I may be doing something else wrong. Can anyone offer any advice?

Hi Welcome to SGL, I'm sure ther will be help from the other celestron users. This welcome section is probably not the best place to put your question. Maybe post that in the section on 'Getting Started Equipment Help and Advice'

We all encounter these type of problems a the beginning and and sure it won't be long before you can get sorted.

Regards Will

Hi and welcome to the forum. Glad you were able to post your question over on the equipment section - trust you have managed to find a solution.

Clear skies and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hello and welcome...

You'll find that its one or the other... if you align with the hand controller than you cant use any external controllers like the app or a PC... and vice versa.

actually aligning on one than slewing using the other will corrupt you alignment settings, so you will need to re-align the telescope.

Archived