SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M57 ring nebula planetary camera

john86

Did you use SharpCap ?.  

You have got nice structure and colour detail with such a small set of frames and I presume the Moon was out as well.

Were you not tempted to try for more than 40 seconds total integration time ??  

Nice job for 40 seconds. If you have photoshop or gimp you can set the colour balance by adjusting the levels on each colour seperately and therefore reduce the blue to get a nice neutral background. I'm not familiar with PIPP AS3 or Registax.

22 hours ago, Craney said:

Did you use SharpCap ?.  

You have got nice structure and colour detail with such a small set of frames and I presume the Moon was out as well.

Were you not tempted to try for more than 40 seconds total integration time ??  

Yes mate I used sharpcap for the capture program this was taken early morning. I did take around 36 10 second frames but with a slight almost constant wind most of the frames wasn't worth stacking the 4 I used wasn't great but next time I'll do the same again hopfully it'll be more stable with less wind 

Archived