SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Star 71 Mk 11 First Light. NGC 1502 and Kemble's Cascade with 100D

StargeezerTim

Wonder of wonders, I had some clear (ish) skies last night so was able to get my first image with a new Star 71. its 16 X 5min, iso 400, CLS filter, stacked in DSS and processed in PS.

If I was being fussy, I would have got rid of quite a few subs due to cloud but it did nevertheless make a reasonable image. My first impression is that it is a very good scope! Round stars to the edge :thumbsup: and nice star colour. Nice small stars and for some reason, I didn't even need noise reduction :dontknow:, so I'm very happy with my first attempt with the 'checked and tuned' Star 71! 

5967416a0c17e_1502andKemblesCascade.thumb.png.4b8940c4891118dbbf21105d04159c4c.png

Excellent first image Tim, always a relief when something works, how come you had clear last night it was too cloudy this side of the river but I did manage a bit of visual through the gaps

I'm still working on my dual / triple Star 71s rig, need to get it sorted now the nights are drawing in.

Dave

11 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Excellent first image Tim, always a relief when something works, how come you had clear last night it was too cloudy this side of the river but I did manage a bit of visual through the gaps

I'm still working on my dual / triple Star 71s rig, need to get it sorted now the nights are drawing in.

Dave

Cheers...

It cleared a bit between 2 and 3 am, so I got an hours worth. It was a frustrating evening (as always!), especially as the seeing was much better than it has been recently. Pesky clouds :clouds1:

Best of luck getting three aligned and working together! Tim. 

21 minutes ago, StargeezerTim said:

Cheers...

It cleared a bit between 2 and 3 am, so I got an hours worth. It was a frustrating evening (as always!), especially as the seeing was much better than it has been recently. Pesky clouds :clouds1:

Best of luck getting three aligned and working together! Tim. 

That explains it then I gave up around 1am :)

Dave

Archived