Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Completed widefield Pelican

steviemac500

That's excellent. The mosaic is seamless and there is a clear distinction between very dark foreground dust and what lies behind and is just a tad brighter. Lots of structure in the main 'continent' of N America, too. There are no shortcuts to a great image.

Olly

11 minutes ago, Martin-Devon said:

Yes that's really nicely executed - if you add OIII now, it'll be a lovely bicolour of blues & golds.

I'm thinking about it Martin but I'm not sure if I'll just prefer the image in HA only. 

57 minutes ago, swag72 said:

That's a cracking mosaic...... Well done inded :) 

Thank you Sara, from you that is praise indeed. If I was to go down the colour route, would I need to match the amount of Ha data ( I've always done this in the past).

18 hours ago, steviemac500 said:

......If I was to go down the colour route, would I need to match the amount of Ha data ( I've always done this in the past).

I always use the same amounts of OIII and SII data, but there are plenty of folks who don't. You could bin the OIII and SII data as well.

I need some OIII and SII data to go with my 6 pane mosaic..... I started to collect OIII in each of the 6 panes, but soon became disheartened with it and so instead I'll add the OIII and SII at a later date with the short focal length Taks. I've done that before and it worked well and was a real time saver! 

Archived