SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Heads up stunning skys today 12-7-17

xtreemchaos

wow the skys are good today, steady seeing. ar2665 is looking mighty fine, theres some very nice proms around the disc some filaments too. heres a qwickly processed shot of the AR , clear skys , charl.

5965d6b0f30aa_HASOL_07584512-7-17AR2665.thumb.png.99af1073048e7de486429ca253cba46e.png

just a staxed prom shot no processing.

conv_SOL_090436_pipp_g6_b3_ap2012.thumb.png.a4884548d0a6f2588421e41930b11ea3.png

got a lot of cooking to do today, this is my type of heaven...

Thanks for the heads up. First time out in over a week!!

First view of the new "large" spot (I have seen bigger ones but this must be one of the biggest spots in the last 12-18 months to my memory?)

Looked like the sun has begun to "bridge" the big spot. Definate signs of the bridge growing out from left side. It didnt seem to go all the way across but it was quite hard to see it. If it gets all the way across it would spell the end of this big spot. But it may be unsuccessful and the spot may win out.

Also signs of a new small spot/pore to the lower left of the big spot. Seemed to be some small flaring activity in this newer area.

Seeing was great enabling good steady details to be revealed.

Alan

1 minute ago, xtreemchaos said:

quark on a ED80 skywatcher just with a upgraded focuser think its F7 ish but I run it at near F4 with the 50% reducer most of the time as the mag can be a bit much. charl.

Very interesting, I have a solamax II 60mm scope and I don't think I ever got that much detail at such a magnification with it, so I'm curious.

the quark is a wonderfull piece of kit, it gives you silly amounts of detail its kinda hard to get a bad shot with it, I really don't do it justice in the processing department, I have a attention span of a goldfish, if I had Ewans processing skill thayed be mindblowing. charl.

11 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

the quark is a wonderfull piece of kit, it gives you silly amounts of detail its kinda hard to get a bad shot with it, I really don't do it justice in the processing department, I have a attention span of a goldfish, if I had Ewans processing skill thayed be mindblowing. charl.

Perhaps recruitment is in order?

Than again, I think you're too harsh of a critic of your own work...

Wow charl, I was right - you did take advantage of the good seeing today :smile:!  What a magnificent image.  I couldn't go up to TAC today to see it in HA unfortunately, but your image really makes up for it.  Many thanks for sharing it.  Worth some applause I think :hello2::hello2::hello2:.

Archived