SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

How to register images in APP

swag72

I decided to do this quick video this evening as someone on the forum asked about APP and Registar for registering images of different sizes, resolution, image scale etc.

Up until now I've used Registar extensively, it does the registration very well...... APP does it equally as well so I thought I'd quickly show you how it's done :) 

I would open them both in Photoshop. Copy and paste the registered image as a layer on top of the original. The create a layer mask and hide all, then use the brush tool at what ever opacity you like to reveal the higher res layer..... They will nee to be stretched the same otherwise they won't blend well :) Hope that helps.

2 minutes ago, swag72 said:

I would open them both in Photoshop. Copy and paste the registered image as a layer on top of the original. The create a layer mask and hide all, then use the brush tool at what ever opacity you like to reveal the higher res layer..... They will nee to be stretched the same otherwise they won't blend well :) Hope that helps.

Spot on, thank you, now I get it!

Archived