Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents.thumb.jpg.587637e0d01baf4b6d21b73610610bbb.jpg

Superdavo

Noctilucent Clouds & Durham Cathedral - June 16

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I've been on this forum...

On June 16 I was lucky enough to capture my first ever display of Noctilucent clouds, and naturally took plenty of pictures. I was lucky to be in a location in Durham with a good view to the North, and conveniently, the cathedral was to the North too!

This photo was taken late in the display, as most of the NLCs were beginning to fade away. This patch of NLC was one of the last ones visible, and lower, much less interesting clouds were beginning to creep in & block the view. However, for this short period of time, everything aligned together nicely to create an interesting shot.

Taken with my Canon EOS 1100D, with the stock variable-zoom lens set at 49mm. 40s exposure at ISO 100 on a fixed tripod, processed (various enhancements) with Camera Raw & Photoshop.

David

22j.jpg

• Like 10