Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Saturn 6th July

astroman001

Lovely image.    May I enquire as the Barlow or Tele-extender you use to get the F22 ( I'm presuming it is a 2X) ?.  

What would you say is the most important item in the optical train ...... barlow or camera etc.... to improve the final image ?

I seem to lose so much image quality when I boost the scale with a barlow on my SCT.

Sean.

(NB. I have a ZWO120mc, AE imagemate 4x, Meade 8" SCT)

On 10/07/2017 at 13:18, Craney said:

Lovely image.    May I enquire as the Barlow or Tele-extender you use to get the F22 ( I'm presuming it is a 2X) ?.  

What would you say is the most important item in the optical train ...... barlow or camera etc.... to improve the final image ?

I seem to lose so much image quality when I boost the scale with a barlow on my SCT.

Sean.

(NB. I have a ZWO120mc, AE imagemate 4x, Meade 8" SCT)

The X4 AE imagemate is probably a bit too much power,  F40 (8000mm) seems a bit much. I think a X2 Barlow would be better, but with Saturn being so low its going to be a difficult target anyway.

On 10/07/2017 at 11:32, astroman001 said:

Conditions are not good enough from the UK to warrant repetitive imaging.

I'm going to set up for deep sky imaging now..........

Nice image Peter, but I'm with you on this. I've had a couple of fair runs at Saturn the past month, but many failures due to poor seeing and its low altitude. It was fun trying to capture the  Seeliger effect around opposition, however, with Jupiter now pretty much gone from view from my Obs, I too am getting ready to switch from planetary to DSO. If the seeing looks really good I may try Saturn again, but with no visble surface features, they all seem to come out pretty much the same. Cheers, Geof

Archived