Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Pablitobicho

Celestron Nightscape 10100 sensor issue

Hi everyone,

I seem to have an issue with my NS camera that I can't figure out. Whenever I take a picture, every bright object in it, especially stars, have a black shadow on the right part of the image. I have disregarded the effect coming from the telescope or reflections from outside, because the shadow always appears on the right, regardless the angle of the camera with respect to the telescope. The effect is very apparent when I'm focusing. I have attached several pictures to see if someone can give me a hint:

- ...004: focusing street lights

- ...006 Calibration (Dark)

- ...008 Calibration (Bias)

- ...010 Calibration (Flat): pointing to a street light and trees

- ...013 Focusing a star

- ...019 Picture of street lights

- ...003 Focusing a bright star

- ...5420 Picture of a star field

IMG-20170708-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20170708-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20170708-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20170708-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20170703-WA0013.jpeg

IMG-20170703-WA0019.jpeg

IMG-20170707-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20170704_005420.jpg

Is the mechanical shutter fully opening, not jamming halfway?

The software settings suggest to me it's binned 2x2, if so is it the same unbinned?

Michael

Thanks for replying. The shutter goes all the way through, I'll check out what gives with a different binning tonite (in Spain) 

Edited by Pablitobicho
Content added

What sort of scope are you using. I wouldn't be collimation out would it?? Do you have a photo of your set up as this might help.

Edit: Are you able to take a daytime shot.

Edited by spillage

I had almost identical issues  with my ATIK 460. The diagnosis was that it needed a new PCB. There was quite a lot of a corrosion present, suggesting water / condensation has got into the camera at some point.

pc387

Capture.PNG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By GavinC
      Hello,
      Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about whether it's possible to mount alternative OTAs with a dovetail or rings to the mount that comes with a Celestron Nexstar 80GT?  In particular I am wondering about attaching a SW Heritage 130P?  I know that Celestron did a 130mm reflecting 'scope on his mount, but it looks to also have that plastic tube clamp, seen on the 80mm image below.
      Thanks,
      Gavin

• By MarsG76
      Hi All,
      If anyone is looking for a great telescope, I'm selling my NexStar 8SE. It's in great condition, Optics are immaculate and there is only some signs of use on the dovetail bar and the black rim that has faded a bit on one side. The reason that I'm selling is that I'm looking to upgrade.
      I had some amazing views of planets and DSO through this scope.... it really is a performer in quite a compact package.
      This scope was on a CGEM most of it life so the NexStar Alt-Az mount was hardly used.
      I prefer to have this scope local pickup or I'm happy to deliver and even give a tutorial and demonstration of how to use it.. for that reason I'm targeting a buyer around Sydney Australia.
      The price I'm asking is $1650AUD.

Clear Skies.

• By NenoVento
      Hi all,

After updating my legacy HC to the 99.22 (I had to, because of the GPS rollover issue) and the MC to the 5.23 firmwares (siply because it was there, and I've got greedy), both acquired via Teamcelestron, my CPC was operating normally until, all of the sudden, its altitude motor stopped working. I've uploaded a video at youtube showing what happens:

https://youtu.be/p2cHJkPt9Vc

As you can see, I don't get any error message in my HC but, if I try to move the scope in altitude, nothing happens (no movement, no motor noises, nothing). When I release the clutch and move the scope manually in altitude, it does move but has a weird noise by the same place where previously it used to make a snap one, which I already reported to celestron tech support once, and even made a video that I also uploaded to youtube:

https://youtu.be/KCc69eUSbeY

I've already seeked help from Celestron Tech support (and the folks at Cloudy Nights) but any help from you would be very much appreciated. Best regards,

NV
    • By HenryFitz
      Help me understand how this equatorial mount CGE pro own a price tag of 5000 usd? As a beginner; will it be a smart choice for me? 
    • By Kronos831
      Hey guys,im currently on a school trip and brought my celestron firstscope with, tonight we ll  be trying some dsos and maybe saturn and jupiter,the telescope itself is not collimated and dirty (on the mirrors)So I wanted to ask.in the scope, there is no primary adjustment screws,only the ones to take it off .Does that mean that its set , allowing me to take it off wash it and back on without having to recollimate the primary?
      Thanks
      Kronos

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.