Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Pablitobicho

Celestron Nightscape 10100 sensor issue

Hi everyone,

I seem to have an issue with my NS camera that I can't figure out. Whenever I take a picture, every bright object in it, especially stars, have a black shadow on the right part of the image. I have disregarded the effect coming from the telescope or reflections from outside, because the shadow always appears on the right, regardless the angle of the camera with respect to the telescope. The effect is very apparent when I'm focusing. I have attached several pictures to see if someone can give me a hint:

- ...004: focusing street lights

- ...006 Calibration (Dark)

- ...008 Calibration (Bias)

- ...010 Calibration (Flat): pointing to a street light and trees

- ...013 Focusing a star

- ...019 Picture of street lights

- ...003 Focusing a bright star

- ...5420 Picture of a star field

IMG-20170708-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20170708-WA0006.jpeg

IMG-20170708-WA0008.jpeg

IMG-20170708-WA0010.jpeg

IMG-20170703-WA0013.jpeg

IMG-20170703-WA0019.jpeg

IMG-20170707-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20170704_005420.jpg

Is the mechanical shutter fully opening, not jamming halfway?

The software settings suggest to me it's binned 2x2, if so is it the same unbinned?

Michael

Thanks for replying. The shutter goes all the way through, I'll check out what gives with a different binning tonite (in Spain) 

Edited by Pablitobicho
Content added

I have been trying different things, including no binning, power adapters... none of them helped. Any other thoughts?

What sort of scope are you using. I wouldn't be collimation out would it?? Do you have a photo of your set up as this might help.

Edit: Are you able to take a daytime shot.

Edited by spillage

I had almost identical issues  with my ATIK 460. The diagnosis was that it needed a new PCB. There was quite a lot of a corrosion present, suggesting water / condensation has got into the camera at some point.

pc387

Capture.PNG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Karan05
      Hi i own Celestron 130EQ which comes with 20mm erect EP and 10mm EP.... i bought a GSO ED 3x Barlow... The focus is not very sharp while using Barlow... Is it the EP at fault ???? Is it worth upgrading to Kelner or a Plossl ???? 
    • By StarGazingSiouxsie
      Hello there,
      I told you it wouldn't be long before I started asking for help!
      I can download CFM from Celestron's support page. I download the zipped file, extract the contents but that's as far as I can get. 
      The file in the unzipped file shows as a 'Jar' file instead of an exe. That naugghty little jar justs sits there and will not dance for me. 
      I am running Windows 10. I have latest version of Java installed. I have tried turning around 3 times with one hand on my head and one on my tummy. No luck.
      I am neuro A typical, for the record, so that accounts for why I absolutely MUST know how to (please) open this file even though the odds are my kit is up to date. 
      Seriously, this is driving me nuts. I found stargazerslounge via my searches in trying to solve this problem and I thought to myself what a nice vibe this ite has. so I joined. 
      Any help / advice / chocolate (milk or dark) , money (PP or cash  ) all very gratfefully and cheek kissingly received. 
    • By MountainDog
      I have recently purchased a Celestron NXT130 and have the following questions regarding planet viewing. I have obseved the moon, Jupiter and Saturn using the 25mm lens ( with and without the Barlow) with good results. However, when I switch from the 25mm to the 9mm lens (with or without the Barlow), I either can no longer see the planet (Jupiter and Saturn) or cannot properly focus (moon). I can understand that the moon may be too close for the 9mm to be effective, but I am a bit stumped about the other planets.
      Looking for advice.
    • By Arshad Wali Muhammad
      When I align my Celestron CPC 1100 EdgeHD through Starsense Auto Allignment, after Completing the successful plates resolve in the handset, you have to press enter to continue to the second stage of selecting a bright star to point scope towards it, which I used to do in the past. Today after successful plate resolve, when I tried to press enter it takes you back to the first screen “Star Sense Ready” instead of selecting the brightest star option. Can anyone help and advise where am I making mistake ?
    • By Arshad Wali Muhammad
      Hi. I’ve Celestron cpc 1100 EdgeHD. When I try to allign the scope through skyportal via WiFi module, after completing the plate solving process, it asks me to select one brightest star and press go-to option to move the scope towards that star for example Vega. In skyportal it stops at an exact Vega location, however in eyepiece I can’t see it. I know I have to fine allign, so when I manually fine allign the scope in the eyepiece, the cross mark in the skyportal moves far away from Vega and then refuses to allign because it has to be Certain degree close to Vega. Can anyone advise how to fix it ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.