SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL at the Autumn Equinox Star Party

Ant

Are you bringing mum and dad along too Stef?

:D

Kevin, it's all the beauty sleep I've been having since taking this hobby up. Mind you, these new specs are good, I can see the moons transit shadow............on pluto.......

Alex, have you checked with KH?

All, I have some large red lane marking tape which I will be taking along. Wouldn't it be awful if somebody got hold of it and taped it over the windows in the loos etc............

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stef, not wishing to be rude but I would seriously advise you to get down well before it gets dark especially if it's clear. You may well be lynched! It'll be 'astro' dark at 8.45ish, can you not get out of work early? Besides pitching a tent in the dark is something I would not fancy doing myself :D ....

Tony..

Well...I'll be setting off from Hampstead so I'll have to go along the N. Circular for a bit.....TBH my knowledge of N. London geography is poor - I grew up in South London, then lived abroad, then moved to south beds.. All I know is how to commute to work and back...Am not entirely sure where the M1 is!!! :D

Stef

[sharp intake of breath]

Hm, it could easily take you over an hour just to get round the North Circular to get onto the M11, especially on a Friday. At least an hour up the M11 and probably another hour and a half, maybe 2 from there. 4 hours might be a little optimistic, especially as you'll hit the Friday rush hour. Once you get past Thetford, it's pretty much single carrageway all the way there and it can be slow going. Take a half day?

The M11 is just past Walthamstow and Chingford on the North Circular, you can't miss it.

Tony..

Archived