Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL at the Autumn Equinox Star Party

Ant

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. How do I book? I'm not too sure about going as I'm near Buckingham and its rather far. Plus I've just bought a Skywatcher with HEQ5 mount and it's the first goto automated scope I've had and I haven't had a chance to use it yet (weather!! :clouds2::) :) ) so I'm feeling a bit of a numpty!! Don't wanna look stoopid! :oops:

Alexxx

If you can't book, you can share with me. With eyes like that, if the weather is cr*p I can just gaze at Jupiter all night long. WOW.

Rigel1 :p

You sweet talker you! :laughing3:

I know, but it is a great avatar.

Thanks kid! :lol:

Hi All,

I'll be there too. I booked a pitch in May, but could only get one away from the 'dark zone'. I was told there were other astronomers with me. It's the area close by to the rest of you lucky ones - I've left the details at home, will update after work! Look forward to meeting you all......

I'll be the guy who looks like Bruce Willis :clouds2:

Stef

154 Yellowfield and not happy about it. :mumum:

Malc.

Malc/rigel1

can you please confirm that you are on pitch 154 by checking your tickets? I have just confirmed with the other user (on UKAI) that they have the Kelling tickets for pitch 154 in their hand right now, so either Kelling have double booked and it needs to get sorted now, or you have the wrong pitch number.

When I last checked a couple of weeks ago, there were still blue field pitches available. There may also still be a nice yellow serviced pitch available as I had to relinquish that one to get the dogs in.

We will be there from sunday 21/9 for around two weeks.

Recent pic;

8282_large.jpeg

Malc/rigel1

can you please confirm that you are on pitch 154 by checking your tickets? I have just confirmed with the other user (on UKAI) that they have the Kelling tickets for pitch 154 in their hand right now, so either Kelling have double booked and it needs to get sorted now, or you have the wrong pitch number.

Ooh 'eck. You could be right. There does seem to be a mistake somewhere in the bookings.

I seem to remember KH changing all their plot numbers around late last year and from 12 Dec 07 my plot numbers have been T153 & T154 Yellow Dragonfly Area.

Let's sort this out.

PM sent

Rigel1

When I last checked a couple of weeks ago, there were still blue field pitches available. There may also still be a nice yellow serviced pitch available as I had to relinquish that one to get the dogs in.

Recent pic;

8282_large.jpeg

Thats a vast improvement Tim since the April event. Have you been using that magic face cream again?

:clouds2::) :laughing3:

Regards

Kevin

Recent pic;

8282_large.jpeg

Come to Kelling Heath this Autumn and try out the very latest gadgets on the market for astro observing.

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

That cracked me up.

Ooh 'eck. You could be right. There does seem to be a mistake somewhere in the bookings.

I seem to remember KH changing all their plot numbers around late last year and from 12 Dec 07 my plot numbers have been T153 & T154 Yellow Dragonfly Area.

Let's sort this out.

PM sent

Rigel1

I have passed your details on to the other afected party, so that you can both contact Kelling Heath about this, and get it sorted out.

It appears that KH very helpfully renumbered some pitches after handing out booking for this year to people who booked last year, so its all cool. The yellow field had some major work over the "summer", and stuff got moved around a bit.

154 old got moved to 150 new (aparantly)

Updated the web page with the new information

Good news then. Not too far from me either.

Websites looking good but Tim's pic is cracking me up. Can it be removed?

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

(Only joking)

When I booked in July08, I was told all full but OK on Blue Field. I'm on T281 but did not realise until now that I was in such renowned company!! Looking forward to meeting everyone and putting faces to the names. Enjoyed the Forum since I joined last OCT after meeting some of you at KH.

Old Codger

I wont be able to update the web pages for a few days, my laptop blew up today (replacement due on Monday), and so posting from wife's laptop.

Timing could have been better for it to die, but it could have been in two weeks and I would have been totally stuffed!

Hi All,

My pitch is T278 in Blue Butterfly. The nice young lady at KH said that I wouldn't be in the dark area, but there were plenty of astronomers with me.

Anyway look forward to seing you all then and hoping that someone sorts the sky out for us!

Stef

Archived