Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Solar 12.29 6/7/17

spaceboy

That's the one guys. There was a haze making things difficult but I swear I kept getting hints of some connection reaching some way between the two (not all the way I'll admit) in the rare flitting moments. I wouldn't bet my life on it due to the conditions hampering a clear and decisive view but they sure did seem to line up perfectly if you were to draw an imaginary arch..

I checked gong when I thought they connected but one was showing the one side quite low and undeveloped and the one you show below was some time after (despite the time logged) when the one side was starting to wear thin at its root. I did think if that side lifted off that it could in some way confirm a connection if it was tugged on by the other prom. Are there any other sites that may have a more HD image?

7 minutes ago, Floater said:

Had a look at the GONG data. Do you mean the feature(s) at top right?

Only cloud where I am.

EDIT: Pic hasn't copied! Hang on.

There:

IMG_0115.JPG

Did you give it a go with out the BV's Shane? I know you mentioned in another thread that the BV's dull the image ever so slightly?? I was only able to observing it through my Lunt today but felt if I'd had chance to get the PST mod out there would have been a better chance of confirming some connection between the two proms.

If it helps I felt the one to the right of the two in your sketch showed further reach across than at first glance. I really had to stare hard and completely blot out all ambient light. I even moved the sun around the view to make sure I wasn't seeing some sort of internal reflection from the eyepiece. I wouldn't have said there was a complete loop between the two but near on 1/3 the way over.

Since I took out the dodgy ITF, the views have been just as bright as with cyclops but more detail to be honest. I never use mono now for anything other than deep space. The problem with mono for Ha is that the field reduces compared with BVs. At 85x in BVs I get full disk whereas at 67x in mono I get about 66% of the disk.

Yeh I must have been sat a good 20-30 mins staring profoundly at it. The skies were clear but I seem to have this haze that sits permanently over my garden. It's there day and night and rarely moves :( I've had a look for other images on the net but no luck so far.

2 hours ago, Floater said:

Hmmm. This one from SOHO gives credence to your sighting, spaceboy:

IMG_0116.JPG

That's it, albeit not to the prom I thought it reached over to. It now explains why I could only see it 1/3 of the way. :)

Archived