Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leica ASPH Zoom Question

John

Sorry to hear the issue John.:icon_frown:

My own Leica zoom hasn't developed this problem after extensive use-puzzling. As I was going to sell it I contacted Leica concerning warranty transfer to the new potential owner...they told me it was not transferable. It must be different here. The cleaning wouldn't cost much anyway I suspect.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, jetstream said:

Sorry to hear the issue John.:icon_frown:

My own Leica zoom hasn't developed this problem after extensive use-puzzling. As I was going to sell it I contacted Leica concerning warranty transfer to the new potential owner...they told me it was not transferable. It must be different here. The cleaning wouldn't cost much anyway I suspect.

So far, Leica have been very helpful and I made it clear from the start that I was not the original owner. If I have to pay to have it cleaned, I will but I'm more concerned about the issue re-occurring so I'm going to try and get them to address that.

I suspect that I won't see the eyepiece again for a good few weeks now though :rolleyes2:

I am just looking at the daytime Moon through the Leica in line with the VIP and I must say the views are totally immersive, truly stunning ? I cannot detect any kind of inclusions of dust or dirt.

4 hours ago, Pig said:

I am just looking at the daytime Moon through th Leica in line with the VIP and I must say the views are totally immersive, truly stunning ? I cannot date see any kind of inclusions of dust or dirt.

I'm glad yours is OK.

Hope it stays that way :smiley:

Archived