Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observatory plans (Sketchup)

ACross

I drew up plans for a dome formed of a geodesic dome, on a timber frame. My plans have just changed when I bought a used Pulsar. 

Is anyone interested in using these plans for their own project? I would love to see it built and can provide a number of files, including a flat plan for laser cutting.  There is a little work to do on the aperture. See attached illustration.

IMG_0591.PNG

I don't think I made this post very clear. I am wanting to give the sketchup files away to someone who can use them for their own purposes and only ask that if it is built, they post a report or pictures.  

The dome itself is formed of 144 triangles that I had planned to have laser but but this would work equally well with aluminium, polycarbonate, etc. The frame is built of timber to form a hexagon and I have actually built this part before changing my plans. 

Reply here if you are interested (then I need to work out a way to post the files.

• 4 years later...

Hi there. I'd try this if your offer is still valid.

What are dimensions if you can share upfront including what is your scope used in your observatory if that is different from your signature at the time or posting?

Edited by sergeimo
added more to question

• 1 month later...