SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ioptron AZ PRO GOTO mount

I am considering in upgrading my Minitower 2 to the AZ Pro,  I operate ftrom a patio with my house behind obstructing mt view of the North and North East, would this be a proble as it is automatic in its line up on a Star.  Has anyone  any views on this model, Im happy with the Minitower 2 I have but its beginning to have niggly problems, thus the possible ugrade. I tried to contact Altair Astro but they do not return my email or calls ???

Hiya,

I do not think your obstructed views would be an issue, I find the initial set up very easy. The software will give you quite a few target options before it gives up and should it give up you can select your own target if needs be.

I personally love the mount and it is by far the most accurate I have used. The onboard battery is also a cool idea and the wifi works flawlessly with my iPhone and iPad.

AA can be quite difficult to get hold of so maybe you should select an alternative source. 

2 minutes ago, Pig said:

Hiya,

I do not think your obstructed views would be an issue, I find the initial set up very easy. The software will give you quite a few target options before it gives up and should it give up you can select your own target if needs be.

I personally love the mount and it is by far the most accurate I have used. The onboard battery is also a cool idea and the wifi works flawlessly with my iPhone and iPad.

AA can be quite difficult to get hold of so maybe you should select an alternative source. 

Many thank

Like Pig I love this mount- in fact it was his enthusiasm for it that was partly responsible for my decision to get one. 

The initial alignment object is usually the brightest one in the sky so this is often a planet or the moon. So if you have a good view from SE to SW and can usually see the ecliptic you should be OK.

I think AA, like a lot of smallish Astro retailers, is basically a one man operation so if that  person is not around for some reason they can be difficult to contact. Having said that, when I bought mine earlier this year all my emails got prompt responses. After I bought it, I also found that Ioptron themselves were good  with quick reposnses to my questions and I got some really detailed emails from them - so you could try that if you have specific queries. The manual is also available on line. 

I find that the ability to set up in minutes with no power supplies and all that is  great. The only time limit is scope cool down time! 

Archived