Pimp my scope.

well ive had old faithfull 13 years in October and the paints getting worn , theres a few scratches here and there, so with it becoming a teenager I thought id give it a makeover, I love the scope, it gives HD images of the moon and WL like no other scope ive owned, its brilliant at splitting doubles and shows no more CA than my ED80 so opticley I'm happy to keep it forever but I'm wanting to personalize it.

DSC01983.thumb.JPG.981385e9be826a1b83d30caf61432e9a.JPG

I'm thinking of stripping it and getting it powder coated black and fitting a 1:10 focuser and flocking, id love to here your views on any ideas you might do it different, would you think it would look good stripped and polished up " I have polishing wheels to do it" and which focuser to fit " around £300" + flange.

thanks for reading , charl

DSC08926.thumb.JPG.90d8d92863a1cc3423975af79ea65b1f.JPG

its a bresser AR127L F9.5.

Personally, I'd not bother with flocking as the baffles will be doing a good job. Re the exterior, I prefer white scopes myself. The fact it has a few scratches to my mind reminds you of the history you have together so I'd leave it as is. The focuser would be the single best improvement I think. I'd suggest a Baader Steeltrack or even a Moonlite. Both come up used from time to time but new is not far from budget and below I think in the case of the Baader at least.

Thanks Darknight, red nice, but I'm happy with any colour as long as its black because I will proberly do some air brush work, and there will be some skulls on it some where " I built custom motorbikes "hogs lowrider chops and streetfighters" for most of my life , its a habit. charl.

haha, me too, had features in magazines for the Harleys, and used to do a lot with Desperate Dans, so know where ur coming from....

any colour providing its black.....that's a ford model T slogan :)

don't forget the pics when your done though, ok add a moonlight and I don't think the flocking will need doing either really

Keep it as it is. In the long run it will add value given its originality.

When I think refractors my mind always sees them as white. Even though I am very found of a WO in red that I have.

Maybe some red rings and a bigger saddle. It already has some red on the tube.

Pimping not upgrades right.

Archived