Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

An appeal on behalf of millions...(well maybe not quite that many!)

EA2007

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair Paul, theres only really 2 images that have slipped under the radar. All your other threads have 10+ replies and one has over 30, I know these posts arn't from unique members but its still not a bad response.

Theres no rhyme or reason to these things sometimes, I've posted Moon shots that I thought were pretty decent and have only gotten a few replies and then posted an image I didn't think was as good and got a lot more feedback. It just happens sometimes, I look more at the number of times the thread has been viewed and people have seen my image. If they don't feel sufficently moved or impressed to post a "nice shot Gaz" type message then its not the end of the world.

Totally agree with Gaz, most of my imaging submissions are lucky to get 5 posts :D Won't stop me posting them though - mainly cause I'm a stubborn old fool :(

and lets not even mention the stuff that I collate for the monthly guide section!

Woooooooooooo

Thankyou so much everyone, this is a great help.

I apologise for the state of the website in certain areas, I know there are some pages which aren't yet completed and the 'Gallery' is a bit badly structured....I hope to have it fragmented into individual sections i.e. Planetary images and DSO's etc in the near future.

Thanks Legion 48! If you can pm me your name that would be great, unless you want to be known as 'anon' :D

further more, due to lack of interest on some of our images, I shall no longer be posting any images on the forum. I am still participating in discussions, and will try to help others.

this has been caused primarily by comments i made in the past. I understand this, but the images Douglas and I produce are worthy of some good feedback. For the most part, enthusiasm has been lacking.

To those who did contribute to my images, Celescope, Gordon haynes, Paxo, legion48, whippy, steve, steppenwolf, centroid, lightbucket, starflyer, beyond vision and all the others. Thank you, thank you very much indeed. Its nice to feel appreciated.

I feel it is no longer worth it for me to post our images. I suupose the straw that broke the camels back was our gamma cyg mosaic. I thought it was pretty good. Perhaps I am wrong about all this...maybe they arent good.

Sorry for this, its just how I feel. I do understand the lack of response though,

Best Wishes

Paul

PS sorry EA2007 for posting in your thread

Hi Paul, dont be disheartened by the lack of comments. I really admire yours and many of the other imagers but i very rarely if ever post comments as i as a novice astronomer and a embryonic imager, dont feel qualified to comment. Hope this makes sense.

atb, steve

Hi Paul, dont be disheartened by the lack of comments. I really admire yours and many of the other imagers but i very rarely if ever post comments as i as a novice astronomer and a embryonic imager, dont feel qualified to comment. Hope this makes sense.

atb, steve

Me too - I am in awe of some the images that get posted on SGL. 8)

and lets not even mention the stuff that I collate for the monthly guide section!

Very much appreciated by me Ant. I always find them a very useful and an easily accessible source of info.

Cheers

Bill£ :D

P.S - It's nice to see this thread returning to a much more positive focus - the way EA2007 intended i'm sure.

There is another good thing to come out of this....my website has had 99 visitors in the last week, many of them not even from North Yorkshire. I am very impressed!

Thanks for the visits (and pictures) people, like I said, I shall update it soon so that the imaging section is a little easier to navigate.

I'm really upset because nobody has told me how amazing the avatar photo of the moon I took with my phone at the eyepiece is - you know that phone is a Nokia N95 and cost more than a D350 off contract? It's unmodified but I'm thinking of getting the filter changed to improve it's sensitivity.

God, my 8 yr old daughter sounds really mature after reading this thread.

If I wanted an argument I'd go to SkyatNight and if I wanted to be pedantic I'd spend more time on SocPopAstro but I'm not I'm here...because it's chilled. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Love this site but I hope newcomers don't arrive here 'cos I don't think they would stay after reading this.

Now lets all relax and enjoy the skies together...yeah man chilled.

Before you try and pick at this (or flame me) please note the following disclaimer...

Tonight I have consumed 4 cans of Stella followed by a considerable quantity of reasonable quality Cognac so I don't care what you have to say about this. :D I won't post on this thread again no matter what :(

If I wanted an argument I'd go to SkyatNight and if I wanted to be pedantic I'd spend more time on SocPopAstro but I'm not I'm here...because it's chilled. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) Love this site but I hope newcomers don't arrive here 'cos I don't think they would stay after reading this.

Point taken Haitch!! :thumbright:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived