Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn - a 20 minute window

chiltonstar

A brief break in the clouds yesterday, hovering around Saturn. As the seeing was 4.5/5 giving Hubble type views of Saturn, I popped the ASI224 MC onto the 180 Mak and attempted to collect some frames. This is an initial quick look, 1000 frames of the 6000 collected. If I struggle hard (I am not an imager!) or find an expert, I imagine I should be able to improve this......

Chris

23_31_17_a.jpg

1 hour ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

That is very nice, especially with Saturn so low in the sky

16 degrees, I think. Worse, the line of sight was just over the pitched roof of a cottage to the S of us, so I imagine there were thermal issues.

Chris

1 minute ago, chiltonstar said:

16 degrees, I think. Worse, the line of sight was just over the pitched roof of a cottage to the S of us, so I imagine there were thermal issues.

Chris

I didn't get anything better than that last year with my C8, and it was a bit higher then. Conditions need to be near perfect with the planet so low to get the most out of the optics

5 hours ago, morimarty said:

Nicely captured Chris in such a short window. I think you should take up imaging more permanently?

Eek! The Dark Side........no, I haven't got the patience, aperture or low latitude required for that!

Chris

Archived