SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi Res (ish) moon from 02/07

Ant

Really really trying to get back into the astronomy... 

I'm limited to Solar and Lunar really now with the kit that I have, and maybe the bigger planets. 

I was tied to the house over the weekend, supporting a colleague. As it happened she didn't need much help from me so I thought that I'd get the scope out. 

First of all I tried some solar. Bare in mind its been a long time since I did anything. Nothing has changed - but the camera decided to pack up. Turns out after an afternoon of testing things with the help of @Grant , that I'd worked out it was three different errors all happening at the same time. 

First I think the camera got confused. Second I had a faulty USB lead and Thirdly once I'd sorted one and two, I was running the laptop on battery power and the USB port wasn't giving enough juice! 

But I got there in the end! 

These images were taken at around 7:30, so it was still light. I was imaging over the roof of the bungalow and I'd only given the scope an or so to cool (which may have been enough I don't know). 

These two images were taken with the Skyris 274 through a Skymax 127 (old blue tube version), the second with a 2x barlow.

This one is worth seeing full screen - really chuffed with this :)

Moon_merged_unsharpmask.thumb.jpg.dcb7a94fcad89b115a64d0f2f9eddabd.jpg

Annoyingly the join is very visible on this one :(

Moon_barlow3.thumb.jpg.1168ee598658e6c8f067bca42c8d7d25.jpg

Thanks for looking

Ant

Thanks both :) I like the first one too :D

The first one is a 8 pane mosaic measuring 2239 x 2739 pixels - so around 6mp. I could probably covered it in 6 panes (maybe 4 at a push), but the amount of times that I've missed a little bit due to not enough overlap.... Not doing that again! 

Ant

Don't be so modest Ant, these must be very rewarding for you, after the frustrations you've had of late.
I like the second one, and the join is less  worse than the one I had when I papered the living room
a few months ago. The alpine Valley looks great cutting through the Alps.
You're up and running again, that's got to be the big plus. :icon_salut:

Archived