Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

I've been on the lookout for NLC's since the beginning of this season, but no luck, until last night. As I was getting ready for bed, I glanced out the window and FINALLY, some beautiful noctilucent clouds! Grabbed my DSLR and a tripod and ran outside. 

Camera: Sony SLT A77

Lens: Tamron SP 70-200 F/2.8 Di USD

Tripod: Benro A4570T with Benro B1 ballhead

Settings: manual mode, RAW, ISO 500, f/4.0, 0.5 sec, 120mm

Post: Some basic minor tweaks in PSE15 (levels, contrast, unsharp mask and slight colour correction)

NLC170702_1_v2.thumb.jpg.d16d86d2eceeec20afef21867d618218.jpg

Edited by TractionMan
  • Like 14

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Astronut_Al
      Hi everyone, 
      Can anyone confirm (or refute) - have I imaged Ganymede and Europa in orbit around Jupiter or is that just wishful thinking? (Only equipment used was a Lumix G7 with 150mm zoom lens - effectively 300mm with 2x crop factor - and of course a tripod).
      It appears to be the case and yet I can't quite allow myself to believe it...
      Thanks from an old newbie.

• By TakMan
      Very quick process before heading to work.
      Saw the start of the clouds last night and headed off with the gear to get a shot.
      Much smaller and dimmer than the last show the previous week.
      Nikon D3 and Nikkor AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, tripod mounted, cable release and mirror lock function.
      Lightly processed in Adobe Lightroom.
      Taken from north Lichfield (Staffordshire).
      Single shot. ISO 200, 2.5 sec, f/2.8, 75mm, 11.33pm

Damian
    • By Beckiii__
      I took these two photos only seconds apart. The top bit I took secondly. I’m not sure what it is I’ve captured. But can anyone tell me what it could be??

• By Moon-Watcher
      Ok.  Hello.  Just starting astronomy again. Would like to view/photograph moon/planets and maybe sun?

What would be best scope for this?  My 200p dobsonian or a skywatcher 120 refractor?

I also have a goto EQ5.

Thanks
    • By Rhushikesh-Canisminor
      Posting in this forum after too long!
      One of the first attempts at taking photos of the moon.
      All photos taken using skywatcher 90mm refractor with eq2 mount, Nikon DSLR and 2x Barlow here and there.
      No exposure.
      Basic editing in cellphone.
      Thank you! Suggestions highly appreciated!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.