SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

QHY users. I need heeeelllpppp!

simmo39

Hi all. O have just got my why 10 out of the box for the first time. O think I have found my gain and offset settings ( 5 and 119 )

But have found the software awful to use. I have tried it with sharpcap but keep getting an error message. First, what am I doing wrong with sharpcap and second will my gain and offset settings be the same with other software? I'm just waiting now for some good weather and a dark nights to try it out in anger

Thanks.

14 hours ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

Need some more info, like which version of SharpCap and what is the error message ??

Hi will try and find the error message later but the sharpcap is 2.9. I have just down loaded 3.0 so wwill give that a go later too.

I take it you are using windows (7\10?) so it would suggest that you are missing driver(s) for the camera.. SharpCap can use different versions of driver, from native QHY to standard WDM drivers...

1 hour ago, Dr_Ju_ju said:

I take it you are using windows (7\10?) so it would suggest that you are missing driver(s) for the camera.. SharpCap can use different versions of driver, from native QHY to standard WDM drivers...

Thanks for the information. I will see if I'm using the right driver. I have downloaded a couple. Let's see what happens.

For info: Nebulosity works well and uses the native QHY driver. SGP and Maxim use the ASCOM driver. I've never used Sharpcap for long exposure DSO imaging so can't comment on that.

I currently use SGP and it's fantastic - the best bang for buck capture and control software out there IMHO.

Nebulosity worked very well with my QHY8L for capture, calibration and processing - a really great all round program for OSC cameras that's brilliant value for money. It's not the easiest SW to get your head around at first and does have its quirks but I highly recommend it as a companion for your new camera.

Once you get the camera connected don't hesitate to give me a shout if you need any help - it's been a while since I used Nebulosity but I reckon I can just about remember it's functions ?

All the best

Rich

1 hour ago, RichLD said:

For info: Nebulosity works well and uses the native QHY driver. SGP and Maxim use the ASCOM driver. I've never used Sharpcap for long exposure DSO imaging so can't comment on that.

I currently use SGP and it's fantastic - the best bang for buck capture and control software out there IMHO.

Nebulosity worked very well with my QHY8L for capture, calibration and processing - a really great all round program for OSC cameras that's brilliant value for money. It's not the easiest SW to get your head around at first and does have its quirks but I highly recommend it as a companion for your new camera.

Once you get the camera connected don't hesitate to give me a shout if you need any help - it's been a while since I used Nebulosity but I reckon I can just about remember it's functions ?

All the best

Rich

Thanks, I have downloaded Nebulosity. Will give it a go tomorrow, going to have a day making a dark library.

Archived