Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_winner.thumb.jpg.e75de1ff1128e51a02fe7b63e48dbc51.jpg

Astroblagger

Aug states Solar Eclipse

Helen    2,359
5 hours ago, Moonshane said:

Good luck you jammy sods. 😃

If it is any consolation Shane, the forecast is rather iffy here 🙄  We've decided to stick with our intended site though and hope for the best... heading  out at 1am 😱 (things are busy here!)

It will be an experience whatever!!! ☺️

Helen

• Like 1

Dave In Vermont    4,922

Helen, etal -

If anyone reading this should find this news-article, or similar version, don't jump out of your shoes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/oregon-wildfire-blazing-eclipse-apos-203432266.html

It's NOT in the pathway. And the wind-direction is not going to have it cork-screw down the pathway of totality. You'll all be just fine. American-news has become notorious for publishing garbage to cause people to flip-out and suffer coronaries! Especially Yahoo and it's myriad minions. All will be well.

Best Wishes -

Dave

tooth_dr    1,147

In Charlestown with the family, heading to the MUSC soccer stadium for the solar eclipse party.  I've abandoned the idea of photos and just going to enjoy the day!

IMG_5692.JPG

• Like 1

andrew63    1,105

Best of luck to everyone today - Hope you all get a great view.

andrew

Paul M    1,645

Yes, good luck to all those who've made it to the line of totality. I'm sure the excitement is building already.

I'm a bit upset that the weather seems to be confounding my chances of seeing the very shallow partial eclipse at local sunset. :(

tooth_dr    1,147

What a great day. The weather just held. We had lightning during totality then clouded out just before third contact! But it was clear enough for the all important bit!

IMG_5748.JPG

• Like 1