Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher skymax 127 goto

Hi All. Absolute newbie.Just got first scope and having difficulty entering lat/long.

manual specifies enter longitudinal coordinate First then choose between W or E then latitude choose between N or S.

Problem. follow instruction and cannot enter Long N in first box then probs occur.

Pleeease Help

Thankyou Cornelius. very close. not quite centre of Margate. Approx 1 mile further East .nearer top end of Cliftonville.

have 51.386 N  1.40E  on one app

and  GPS  

51 23 12 192 N  1 24 36 3384 E

enough to confuse me mate. 

if its like the celestron version then you can be miles out and it will still work. I am about 45 miles south of Bristol and the handset lists Bristol as my nearest pre-set location. I was shocked it worked.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 17:07, Jon Dewing said:

Hi Guys so which of the above do I enter.

by the way cornelius ,I should imagine the 10 kids have left home by now.spooky.lol 

The numbers I quoted will work for you.  001 25 E , 51 23 N will be nearer, but difference is so small that it will make no difference.

Many Thanks to all. while'st I am here,has any one had probs with skywatcher power tank.

Last night I attempted to set up scope (that's another story) and power filed after   3hrs.

i received tank last week followed instructions for charging 16 hrs plus and  .

does tank loose power over a week,or have I got problem.I placed on charge at 1.30 this morning and still on charge.although green light came on hours ago.

p.s    7aH size

My Skywatcher Power Tank seems to go on for ever.

It depends what you are using it for. If you are just running the mount of it then it should give you a  good few hours.

However if you are using the lights and any of the USB ports etc then the Power will reduce quicker.

Pat

We have the 17ah version, meaning 17 hours if something draws 1 amp per hour of course; as already said if you run multiple things the you can expect much less than 7 hours from your unit.

suggest you trade up when you can as a long night at the scope will soon eat up 7ah from the fullest of charge

I run a celstron 7ah LiPo power on my virtuoso mount and so far I've used it 7 times and it is still on its first charge now roughly half full looking at the power guage, bought it November. That skywatcher will need to be regularly charged as lead batteries fail if not charged regularly so set a monthly reminder or something like that.

Thankyou happy-kat. no gauge/meter on Skywatcher leds change colour from green (ready to use) to amber (recharge) have recharged since posting.waiting for decent sky to test again.

checked socket and a little over 12v registered. I would expect it to show around 13v after charging.

anyone know better way of checking would be helpful.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 16:55, Jon Dewing said:

Thankyou Cornelius. very close. not quite centre of Margate. Approx 1 mile further East .nearer top end of Cliftonville.

have 51.386 N  1.40E  on one app

and  GPS  

51 23 12 192 N  1 24 36 3384 E

enough to confuse me mate. 

OK, The top one here is in decimal degrees, the bottom ones appear to be in degrees, minutes, seconds and possibly then digital seconds.  The thing is these, in your example, are the same readings (give and take a little pinpoint accuracy in the GPS).  There are 60 minutes in a degree and if you divide 23 (the 23 minutes in the GPS example) by 60 you 'magically' get 0.38 - allowing for 12 seconds that's about the .386 you get in the decimal degrees measurement - so both values are correct.  However, if your SynScan is like mine neither of these are the values that the SynScan needs.  The SynScans like degrees and minutes only and mine takes the Easting-westing first so you need to enter about 001 degree 24 minutes E and then enter 51 degree 23 minutes N  (or the other way around if yours takes the North/South first) - I've used words for the degree and minutes bit, but degrees are often shown as " and minutes as '  so the correct entries become 001"24E and 051"23'N .  Don't forget to take into account any leading zeros when you type these in (I've done it - very easy to do!). 

In addition the SynScan will probably need dates in USA formal with the Month digit first and the day digit second i.e. mm/dd/yyyy  so for the 4th July 2017 that would be 07/04/2017

Many Thanks JOC .

And a BIG THANKYOU to you guys for your help.

Waiting now for a good seeing. Have made  a few mistakes over the last week or  so.ie not lining up sight scope. Entering wrong coordinates.using wrong eyepiece to start with.and wondering why I could see nothing or best very blury and discovering that scope was very dewed up??.

Have now sorted coordinates (with lots of help from you all.)

Purchased 32mm ep and dews shield from FLO. what a fantastic service they give.

Ordered around 3.40 pm Monday Recieved 12.30pmTuesday.

Only probs with power tank to solve.

Currently checking for voltage drop on a daily basis.

Happy days to everyone.

Hi Jon. Bit late for the party, welcome to SGL. :hello2:

Seeing as you are from Margate, I could not resist the temptation to add this...

...and at 1m27s I thought of you. :evil62:

Wishing you clear skies and seeing you around.

Archived