SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Eagle Nebula

al-alami

Hi,

This is my first try at using RGB filters with my new QHY 163M.  It is my first image from a mono camera (I used to be a DSLR man), so lots of new things for me to play with (also lots of mistakes to make).  I still need to redo my dark frames, am just waiting for the weather to cool down a bit.  I'm happy with the result so far, I guess you need to start somewhere.  Any comments would be much appreciated.

The details for the show are as follows:

20 X 1 min for R

32 X 1 min for G

20 X 1 min for B

It might be worth noting that I know that the spacing for my CC is still a bit off, and that my image is also cropped.

Software used:

DSS + Photoshop

Thanks for looking,

Fakhri

m16 v2.jpg

I'd say you are off to a great start!  Get that spacing as close as you can.  Don't mean to be critical, but focus may be a little soft--but not by much.  I love the color palatte--the colors look natural.  Be careful not to clip the blackpoint--there is allot of faint nebulosity around this nebula.  1min subs are could be the limiting factor here though.  If you can extend the exposures it will be rewarding.  Keep at it (like you have a choice, right:)).

Rodd

On 6/30/2017 at 21:43, Rodd said:

I'd say you are off to a great start!  Get that spacing as close as you can.  Don't mean to be critical, but focus may be a little soft--but not by much.  I love the color palatte--the colors look natural.  Be careful not to clip the blackpoint--there is allot of faint nebulosity around this nebula.  1min subs are could be the limiting factor here though.  If you can extend the exposures it will be rewarding.  Keep at it (like you have a choice, right:)).

Rodd

Please be critical. :) Its the only way to learn.  I always thought that the filters would be the hardest part of moving to a mono sensor, honestly, so far its the focus that is taking me the most amount of time. I can definitely go for longer exposures, since here I have pushed the offset to the max.  

Hahahahahha choice .. I've heard that word before. :p

Fakhri

23 hours ago, Tommohawk said:

Looks very nice to me!

I'm also making the jump from DSLR to mono, and also hoping to do the Eagle, so very interested in your progress!

Thanks. :) 

When they tell you its a steep learning curve .... it is ... I've been working with regular cameras (for land photography) since the early 90s, starting astro was, hmmm, relatively easy.  Mono, entirely different story, but my God its worth it! I'm saying this and I've only been out to a dark site only once! I did some moon pics and to say I was amazed is an understatement.  Let me show you, and you can decide.

Fakhri

moon cropped flipped.jpg

moon 2017-06-01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived