Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

new mesu, strange star-cross

richardejm

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kirkster501 said:

Zakalwe, what Sitech SW (on your PC) and what firmware (on the Sitech HW) have you now converged on?

0.91z is the one that sorts out the "jumping" issue. I also use a USB GPS dongle and NMeatTime2 software to synchronise the PC clock before starting SiTech.exe. Sometimes the PC clock can be out by a second, especially if it hasn't been started for a while.

http://siderealtechnology.com/SiTechSetup091Zb.exe

I've been thinking about that particular problem and I am now convinced that the jumping issue is solely down to the SiTech controller on the mount. The reason why I say this is because I bought a new obsy PC when I was trying to diagnose the problem. It's possible that it's down to whatever timing crystal keeps the time on the SiTech board.
On a side note, I see that another user is reporting " occasional large excursions of a several arc secs " on the Yahoo Mesu group. Thats two new reports of this issue in the last 6 weeks with this system.

I don't think that it is part of the OPs situation though and I don't want to hijack his thread. My original thread is here if anyone wants to read about the problem or comment

Archived