Narrowband

oacapture 1.1.0 released

JamesF

2 hours ago, PhotoGav said:

Would it be beneficial for you to TeamViewer into my machine and have a dig about - if you promise not to kill it!!!!

We could certainly try that.  I've never played with TeamViewer before, but I'm downloading it now so I'll see if I can get it to work at this end.

James

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

just to conferm its working great on my MacBook pro i7, 8gb ram  running sierra "latest upgraded last week" with asi120mc usb 2 cam, did a few daytime vids yesterday to test. charl.

That's positive news.  The ASI120 USB2 cameras are the ones that always seem to have been troublesome, so I'm pleased you've had success with it.

James

I dont know if this makes any difference but couldn't find any Mac drivers for the asi120mc so just plugged it in and it worked with your program no bother, haven't tryed it at night yet but if it works in the day its gotta work at night. thanks , charl. ps it was a clean install because of new operating system sierra last week... 

26 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

I dont know if this makes any difference but couldn't find any Mac drivers for the asi120mc so just plugged it in and it worked with your program no bother, haven't tryed it at night yet but if it works in the day its gotta work at night. thanks , charl. ps it was a clean install because of new operating system sierra last week... 

Yes, you don't need drivers for the ASI cameras.  Their interface library talks directly to the camera using the low-level USB protocols.  The UVC library (which is more obvious if you're a Linux user than OSX) does the same for some of the TIS and Celestron cameras, and I rolled my own for some of the QHY models.

My current thinking on Gav's problem is that something in his saved settings for oacapture is triggering the crash (which is perhaps why it now happens on 1.0.0 when it didn't before).  If we can remove the file containing the saved settings then it may well work.

James

hi james, just fired it up again and its still running fine, but connected to my 15 foot usb ex lead and its crashing ,remove lead and its working fine again, could be just the ex lead because ive had it years ,might not be compatible with the mac, I can get on fine without it but thought id let you know with gav having problems, it crashes when chosing cameras. charl.

heres a pic of it running, don't know if it will help, but I'm addicted to shooting things :icon_biggrin: the frame rate looks low but ive adjusted my usb traffic and am now getting 34 fps at 800x800 which I think is quite good.

DSC01978.thumb.JPG.7717fc6ae2adb2a18d441470504b01e9.JPG

with traffic adjustment.

DSC01981.thumb.JPG.4a4aeb14d40817f1384231b32d196fd0.JPG

Just to report that oaCapture Tech Support (aka James) has completely sorted the issue that I was having. He very kindly TeamViewered into my MacBook, deleted the files as discussed earlier in the thread and, hey presto, it worked perfectly. Thank you very much James.

Now all I need are some clear skies... James, can you sort that too please?!!?

9 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

hi james, just fired it up again and its still running fine, but connected to my 15 foot usb ex lead and its crashing ,remove lead and its working fine again, could be just the ex lead because ive had it years ,might not be compatible with the mac, I can get on fine without it but thought id let you know with gav having problems, it crashes when chosing cameras.

Not good that it crashes :(  If you get a crash report, please do let me have a copy.

I suspect the combination of the camera and lead are causing the problem.  Those models seem very marginal.  Mine works fine in one USB port on my laptop and really badly in another, even when there are no other USB devices connected.

Handily I have just discovered that it is possible to run an emulated ARM (and therefore Raspberry Pi) environment on my Intel desktop using qemu.  That should make live a little easier as it saves faffing about swapping disk images around.

James

James, I'm receiving the following error when unpacking oacapture_1.1.0-1_armhf.deb "oacapture depends on lipng12-0: however package lipng12-0 is not installed".  I can't seem to install the lipng12-0 package either doing a apt-get install lipng12-0?

Using a Raspberry Pi of course.

any idea?

thanks

Julian

On 30/06/2017 at 21:19, snowy911 said:

James, I'm receiving the following error when unpacking oacapture_1.1.0-1_armhf.deb "oacapture depends on lipng12-0: however package lipng12-0 is not installed".  I can't seem to install the lipng12-0 package either doing a apt-get install lipng12-0?

Using a Raspberry Pi of course.

Which OS distribution and release are you using?

James

Oh, I see the problem.  I know I fixed it, too, but I must have uploaded the old version :(  That's very frustrating.

I don't immediately have access to a Raspberry Pi running Jessie, but I'm trying to sort something out at the moment.  I think I can probably unpack the .deb, fix the error and rebuild it.  I'll let you know as soon as I have news.

James

Ok, if you could try downloading it again and let me know if it works that would be great.  Unfortunately at the moment I have no way to test it.  I'm trying to sort out an emulated Raspian 8 environment at the moment, but I think that's going to take a while.

James

thanks James, unpacked without any issues, but not stuck when compiling, with

'config.status:error: Failed to configure embedded libhidapi-1.0 tree'

any thoughts on this one and thanks very much for looking into this.

Julian

We could give that a try if necessary.  It's more testing the install of the .deb that I can't do at the moment though.  Does the new version get you any further?

James

Sorry, apologies if I'm being a bit dumb here and haven't followed things properly.  I spent a fair bit of Friday and Saturday travelling, missed quite a lot of sleep and I'm a bit frayed at  the edges as a result.  My initial interpretation was that you were trying to install the .deb rather than building from source.  Is that correct?  If so have you tried the new .deb that I've uploaded on the website?

James

Well, I've just cleaned up the work problems that got dumped on me today (despite being on holiday).  PM me when you're about and I'll see what we can do.

James

Archived